GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
That bike looks strangely familiar...Welcome! I'll be doing the first oil change in a week or so. Going to learn how to do battle with the fairings.

Reactions: Gentleart

·
Registered
307 Posts
That bike looks strangely familiar...Welcome! I'll be doing the first oil change in a week or so. Going to learn how to do battle with the fairings.
you dont have to take the fairings off to do the oil and filter mate, there is just room to get at them from underneath just undo a couple of clips at the bottom of the fairing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Who did you buy it from? I'm picking up my 1000 next week from Romney in WVA. BTW how is the throttle response?
I picked up mine from Romney Cycle two weeks ago today! Well worth the extra miles to get there and back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the welcomes, I tried to respond earlier in the week but my explorer was giving me an error for some reason, /shrug.

Joe, I picked mine up from Ultimate Cycle in Powhatan, VA. I live in Gloucester so it was 1.5-2 hours to get there but was worth it. Larry was my salesman and was very nice and not pushy. Overall it was a great experience there, however they require about 6 hours or so for set up, mine was out of the box. They said due to them also servicing bikes and selling a good volume it takes a while. The paperwork part was quick and easy. I paid $9,126 OTD so that also a nice plus.

Joe, as far as the throttle it definitely isn't perfect, it is a bit abrupt on and off but I took the slack out of mine which for me seemed to help a little. It's nothing that would prevent me from buying the bike again, honestly I can't see it being an issue if you get use to the throttle and use decent throttle control. However I could see an issue if you were pretty high in the rpm range and hit a big bump or something, if you cranked it you'd get an instant jolt of power. Overall it's manageable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts