GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just ordered a 1000f in Sparkle black with the Carbon Kit. I havent seen any pictures of the sparkle black in the flesh, Im guessing its not a popular colour! When I ordered, white was low in stock and black and black / triton blue were available. All triton and matt black (2019 models) were all out of stock.
Im coming from a Multistrada and am looking forward to more cost effective servicing and long term reliability confidence that made me not buy the multi once its warranty expired.
The ride on the multi is night and day compared to the F so ill be looking at suspension first, before anything else.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Welcome and make sure and post pictures when you get it. I haven't seen an all black F yet. Smart move on the suspension. Especially the rear shock. ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Good choice. It might not have all the trick bits of a Multi Strada but with what you save in cost it's still cheaper to upgrade the suspension (front and rear if you are really fussy). I'll be coming up to 30,000 miles soon and still no defects.
Just chain, sprockets, pads and tyres. Doesn't use a drop of oil between servicing and can give 50-60 to the uk gallon on a run.(y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I came from a z1000sx so love the inline 4. Creamy power delivery is addictive, the big v twin def has more character and instantaneous grunt but so gear dependant. Am looking forward to more cost effective ownership, my 2 yr service cost £315 of which only £70 was parts!
Am going get the dealer to soften preload and decrease rebound on the rear before I collect it, I Def noticed it on the test ride, one bump had me physically yell with the jarring that came through the rear shock after a sharp bump. Can’t really expect the same quality as the Ducati after all!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your bike.
In previous discussions on the OEM shock the general consensus tended towards "increasing" rebound. I used to run mine at less than 1/2 turn out from fully in.
Plenty of reading if you search the forum, but in the end it always comes down to experimentation.
I now have a Nitron NTR R1 which suits me fine.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I came from a z1000sx so love the inline 4. Creamy power delivery is addictive, the big v twin def has more character and instantaneous grunt but so gear dependant. Am looking forward to more cost effective ownership, my 2 yr service cost £315 of which only £70 was parts!
Am going get the dealer to soften preload and decrease rebound on the rear before I collect it, I Def noticed it on the test ride, one bump had me physically yell with the jarring that came through the rear shock after a sharp bump. Can’t really expect the same quality as the Ducati after all!
I'm sorry to say that the "jarring" experience you had won't go away with the stock shock. The compression damping is just all wrong for high speed bumps. I have a K-Tech Razor R now that is fantastic (after many attempts to tweak the stock shock so my spine wasn't damaged on high speed hits).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve already decided I’ll probably replace the shock after the 600 mile service and the k- tech seems a likely candidate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts