GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished the front fairing installation. The fairing is very small for such a large price tag.

I have attached two photos catching both sides of the bike and fairing. The backgrounds are in front of the famous "Stark Club" and "West End Market Place" in Downtown Dallas.

I do have more photos and step by step direction\photos of the installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
That fairing looks great on your bike. And I bet it will actually keep the wind off of your chest. Who made it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
That fairing looks great on your bike. And I bet it will actually keep the wind off of your chest. Who made it?
Looks like the genuine Suzuki one?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the factory Suzuki faring.

The only wind it blocks... is the wind on the center handlebar mount. It's mostly a cosmetic faring, from what I say. It is absolutely no help in blocking the wind off me.

It does block the sunlight from the center gauge cluster.

However, the color is not a true black. It's a dark smoke color.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good! Did the same for my old Street Triple R. Although on the trump it made the bike look heaps better! Still not sure for the gsxs.

Oh and still haven't noticed any wind resistance on my bike... even at 160+kph :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
160+kps? Dayum that's fast!

I would have purchased the GSXS1000F but I'd have to wait another month. I do like this bike even without the "F" faring.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very nice bike...I too have the Suzuki screen.
I don't mind going over 160 km/h....no hinder of wind..
Compared to my Ducati Monster this one is su much better on windturbulence at higher speeds

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice bike...I too have the Suzuki screen.
I don't mind going over 160 km/h....no hinder of wind..
Compared to my Ducati Monster this one is su much better on windturbulence at higher speeds
I can relate. I've had other bike's with far more wind turbance.

After looking at some of the aftermarket fairings, I'm still liking the factory one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts