GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted a few more parts to the bike

Rizoma Blue Hand grips and bar ends, but as I'm getting rather old i find it a pain to have to twist the throttle so far to get full throttle, so instead of using the throttle cam that is the same size as the original i used the larger one so i get faster throttle response.

I know a lot of people go the other way and fit a throttle tamer, but I have already reflashed the ECU so don't have the snatchiness issues

Grips feel much better and throttle feels fantastic.

Also replaced all the engine nuts with black alloy nuts, looks better and saves another ounce ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi PhuketPaul. I'm interested in the throttle mod, which throttle tube did you replace it with? (off which bike) cheers

·
Registered
415 Posts
Tasty. Where did you source the bolts from? I'd like to get my hands on some black bolts for the handlebar mount.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was just thinking to myself yesterday that I wished the throttle didn't have to turn so far. Once I get an ECU re-flash I think I will have to get a bigger tube.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmm. The vibration on mine is the worst at 6-7000 rpm and my right hand get numb while cruising down the highway. I ordered a set of Pro grips but just before I cut the factory ones off I realized they're not going to work.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What model grips are those and the bar ends?
Rizoma Sport and the bar ends are Rizoma MA520U's.

Any less/more vibration in bars after installing Rizoma grips?
I have the Lux grips, and the heaviest bar ends rizoma make. It's almost removed all vibrations to the handlebars it's great. Although that's all to do with the barends as that's usually what removes vibrations.

Great look btw Paul!

I had those grips on my GS500 and i loved them, i decided to get the Lux ones, and i'm seriously considering getting my Lux one's back! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts