GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Alabama. Just got my new GSX S1000 on October 29, 2015. I've been riding off and on for years but mostly cruisers and touring bikes for the last 5 years. I decided that I wanted a sportier bike in the stable before I get too old (currently 70 years old) but I didn't want to spend too much and I didn't want a pure sport bike like a GSX R1000 because of the riding position. Then along came the S1000 and I bought one. No regrets so far except for the snatchy throttle and no slipper clutch but I new about that before I bought it. I purchased a replacement throttle tube from my local dealer for under $20 and sent it to Gary at G2 Ergonomics (the Throttle Tamer people). Gary thinks they will come up with a Throttle Tamer for the GSX S1000 soon. So far I have removed the tank stickers, replaced the rear fender with a Yoshmura fender eliminator kit, added race spools, and changed the oil and filter at 600 miles. Looking forward to doing some track days at the Barbers Motorsports Park.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hello from Alabama. Just got my new GSX S1000 on October 29, 2015. I've been riding off and on for years but mostly cruisers and touring bikes for the last 5 years. I decided that I wanted a sportier bike in the stable before I get too old (currently 70 years old) but I didn't want to spend too much and I didn't want a pure sport bike like a GSX R1000 because of the riding position. Then along came the S1000 and I bought one. No regrets so far except for the snatchy throttle and no slipper clutch but I new about that before I bought it. I purchased a replacement throttle tube from my local dealer for under $20 and sent it to Gary at G2 Ergonomics (the Throttle Tamer people). Gary thinks they will come up with a Throttle Tamer for the GSX S1000 soon. So far I have removed the tank stickers, replaced the rear fender with a Yoshmura fender eliminator kit, added race spools, and changed the oil and filter at 600 miles. Looking forward to doing some track days at the Barbers Motorsports Park.
Welcome young'un....:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi - Welcome from a 62 year old in Western Australia.
Like you I needed a confortable rather than a pure sports bike riding position. Will be interested on your results with a profiled throttle/ Tamer

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hello from a 68 year young 'un - looks like the bike is pretty popular among us folks with creaking joints :D.

I used to know Alabama fairly well as I was based at International Paper's mills for part of 1996. Loved my time there.

·
Registered
285 Posts
At 62 I love hearing from an even older old fart that you are looking forward to a track day. These bikes are so much fun i just don't know wether to tell everyone or just keep it a secret for those in the know... I try to get to the track twice a month , i think the adrenaline rush is keeping me young , and it's way cheaper than plastic surgery ha

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Welcome from a 74 year young/old ? rider.
I guess I must be old.......... cos I'm bragging about my age.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome from Belgium ...have lots of fun

·
Registered
44 Posts
Body of a 68 year old, mentality of a 5 year old (to quote my wife :D)
68? That will be my age when I buy early next year. First task is to sell the Busa.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts