GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just joined after purchasing a brand new GSX-S1000 from the dealership yesterday,it was a bike to have after a test ride but i won't be picking it up till Saturday as i have some accessories being added.

I'm not a new rider and this beauty will be joining the stable with a 2008 Limited Edition Hayabusa and a 2008 Harley Davidson 883/1200[Fathers].

The reason why i decided to consider purchasing a naked/another motorcycle was because i ride 7 days a week and after receiving some rare micron exhaust for my Busa,it officially retires from work duty and becomes a weekend bike,thats where this beauty steps in.

My current beauty.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey,

Just joined after purchasing a brand new GSX-S1000 from the dealership yesterday,it was a bike to have after a test ride but i won't be picking it up till Saturday as i have some accessories being added.

I'm not a new rider and this beauty will be joining the stable with a 2008 Limited Edition Hayabusa and a 2008 Harley Davidson 883/1200[Fathers].

The reason why i decided to consider purchasing a naked/another motorcycle was because i ride 7 days a week and after receiving some rare micron exhaust for my Busa,it officially retires from work duty and becomes a weekend bike,thats where this beauty steps in.

My current beauty.
Show us this Micron exhaust!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just another bike my friend ,yeah it was a tad weird considering what I'm used but I can't give a proper insight as I only had a 15-20 min test ride.

You're not Jong I used to ride with are you?.

Gixxus - search 2008 Hayabusa micron exhaust,I'll provide a picture when I arrive home from work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just another bike my friend ,yeah it was a tad weird considering what I'm used but I can't give a proper insight as I only had a 15-20 min test ride.

You're not Jong I used to ride with are you?.

Gixxus - search 2008 Hayabusa micron exhaust,I'll provide a picture when I arrive home from work.
I am that Jong.:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you doing on this forum?..Looking at changing camps?.

I'll be putting the stead through the paces on Saturday and Sunday and will definitely let you know how it goes.

Been meaning to come on some rides but since the accident,bit hesitant to ride much.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Show us this Micron exhaust!
As promised,took me over 2 years of searching eBay every second day and finally found a set in Ireland. These pipes weren't very popular due to the lack of support against the larger competitors. 100% Titanium and $1300 later,i did find a set attached to a motorcycle in a dealership but they were pushing numbers upwards of $1500 for a well used set.

·
Registered
515 Posts
As promised,took me over 2 years of searching eBay every second day and finally found a set in Ireland. These pipes weren't very popular due to the lack of support against the larger competitors. 100% Titanium and $1300 later,i did find a set attached to a motorcycle in a dealership but they were pushing numbers upwards of $1500 for a well used set.
Wow. Expensive!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1.7kgs each pipe compared to 10-12kgs for each original pipe,i cannot be happier. Now i need to decide if i would like an exhaust for the new bike,only dilemma is i'll have a rack that mounts to the pillion pegs but i do see aftermarket pipes piggyback of it aswell.

·
Registered
515 Posts
1.7kgs each pipe compared to 10-12kgs for each original pipe,i cannot be happier. Now i need to decide if i would like an exhaust for the new bike,only dilemma is i'll have a rack that mounts to the pillion pegs but i do see aftermarket pipes piggyback of it aswell.
The BOS exhaust is pretty sweet looking but without a header it is just cosmetic.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
200km's later and i am one proud owner,completely different category to the Busa but i'm glad i made the purchase. Engine is smooth and the gearbox is like butter,fortunately i believe i don't have the throttle issue as i didn't experience it today at all,i read what the symptoms were and didn't come any.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts