GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visordown says they have a source...

ccording to a source, the new superbike is a 2016 model. He also said there would possibly be another smaller capacity bike planned for Suzuki’s line-up next year.

The source added: ‘Suzuki wants to be back at the top.’

The launch of the new model would tie in nicely with Suzuki’s return to MotoGP this year, with the inline-four-powered GSX-RR. It might even be a road-going derivative of that.
I will believe it when I see it;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can believe it, remember hearing something like this a while back and it seems like Suzuki is due for a new GSXR, but of course this isn't official.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new Gixxer 1000 and Gixxer 250 (?) in the same rumour, you know someone was ticking allt he boxes ;):D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lol clearly they were trying too hard, I think even some average joe rider on a forum like this could have came up with something better, like say... "Upcoming GSX-RR Expectations"

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol clearly they were trying too hard, I think even some average joe rider on a forum like this could have came up with something better, like say... "Upcoming GSX-RR Expectations"
as in MotoGP? Worse then Honda, Yamaha and Ducati first go about it... ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patents! It is supposed to be coming in 2016 with a VVT engine as well...

A decade has passed since Suzuki released the now legendary K5, which achieved an unprecedented balance between road and track ability. And all the rhetoric from the factory suggests that the firm is no less committed to this delicate balancing act today.

At the heart of the new 1000 will be a revolutionary new engine boasting variable valve timing – a first on a pure superbike. Patents confirm the system is no clone of other firms’ VVT efforts, but uses a variable inlet valve timing and lift system, featuring an intake camshaft with multiple cam profiles. The cam profiles are altered by sliding the lobes sideways along the shaft itself, enabling the motor to react to rpm and rider input, delivering optimal power and torque throughout the rev range.

This isn’t a ploy to detract from a lack of power either. Indications suggest the new engine will produce close to 200bhp. It’s almost certain not to exceed the double ton though, due to a ‘gentlemen’s agreement’ between the big four Japanese manufacturers (although Kawasaki it with their H2).
MCN also says that Zook is focusing on lightening the platform as well, 200 lbs or less is the target.

New GSX-R1000 for 2016 | MCN

·
Registered
156 Posts
Exciting development, even more exciting will be seeing what exactly the rev range is like and what that's like in comparison to what we'll experience.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah ive received my Suzuki bulletin, new GSXR1000 unveiled in Milan. Its to be the fastest and lightest GSXR1000 ever. Also unveiled was a new SV650 and Van Van 200.

·
Registered
116 Posts
just saw in the presentation at EICMA in Milan....and...I want a new Gixxer...next year I sell my car, my mountain bike, my scooter but I WANT IT!!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
That new sv 650 looks great. They finally improved upon the original 2003. It looks much better than the current model, the sv650 Labia, or whatever it was called.

The 1000 looks ok, too, but I kind of expected more.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just seen the specs and pics on Suzuki website. I am most impressed, got enough toys to keep me happy without being too technical. As soon as the finance for GSX-S finishes I'm getting the GSX-R and that would be a dream garage for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just seen the specs and pics on Suzuki website. I am most impressed, got enough toys to keep me happy without being too technical. As soon as the finance for GSX-S finishes I'm getting the GSX-R and that would be a dream garage for me.
The same for me >:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts