GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Ohio, picked up a new '16 F in the black/red at the end of October. Rode it home from the dealership (about 120 miles) but thats about the only seat time i've had thus far with the cold and rainy weather here lately. Looking forward to putting some miles on the bike and enjoying it. Mods planned are to install Pazzo levers, t-rex sliders, a smoke wind shield and possibly some type of fender eliminator.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Welcome! Nice bike choice. I hope the weather allows you (and me) to get some more miles in this year. It's too cold here (Utah), for me and my normal commute lately. I'm keeping the tank topped off and use some Stabil, just in case I can't ride for a month. ;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congrats! And welcome!! My first GSX-S1000f was from Ohio, too :)

I would look at the suspension before you spend money on anything else. Get it set up right for you, and change springs/shock as necessary for your weight and ability. It's AMAZING what difference can be.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Mods planned are to install Pazzo levers, t-rex sliders, a smoke wind shield and possibly some type of fender eliminator.
:)Welcome Aboard:)
and if you do ride it in cold and wet conditions I would recommend a fender extender for the front.
The spray has a tendancey to saturate the radiator and when you come to a stop you get a load of steam rising up under your chin

:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello from Ohio, picked up a new '16 F in the black/red at the end of October. Rode it home from the dealership (about 120 miles) but thats about the only seat time i've had thus far with the cold and rainy weather here lately. Looking forward to putting some miles on the bike and enjoying it. Mods planned are to install Pazzo levers, t-rex sliders, a smoke wind shield and possibly some type of fender eliminator.
Hello neighbor,welcome to the forum!! Too cold to ride for sure, we can probably catch-up sometime in summer!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello neighbor,welcome to the forum!! Too cold to ride for sure, we can probably catch-up sometime in summer!!
Congrats! And welcome!! My first GSX-S1000f was from Ohio, too :)

I would look at the suspension before you spend money on anything else. Get it set up right for you, and change springs/shock as necessary for your weight and ability. It's AMAZING what difference can be.
Appreciate the advice, frustrating buying at the end of riding season and not being able to ride and adjust to my preferences. But its first on the agenda for sure.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice one congratulations! Yes with those mods the bike will be more personalised. Suspension is fine just adjust it correctly for your weight and riding.
Jeffro

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats on the bike. I think that we need to put together a Cbus metro GSXS ride next year. No mods here except for an O2 eliminator. I keep trying to talk myself into a fuel controller.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congrats on the bike. I think that we need to put together a Cbus metro GSXS ride next year. No mods here except for an O2 eliminator. I keep trying to talk myself into a fuel controller.

I had just the o2 controller for a while and the bike runs good with it, I also have a pcv with a autotune and honestly it doesn't make much difference so don't stress on getting one if it's running fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts