GSXS 1000 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
My dealer said they'll have the bik mid-late November (Hungary). Definitely will take a look and report back here how it compares to my 2017 naked.

Suzuki USA says the case holds "most full face helmets", which is promising. I'll try with my Neotec II size M. I don't have high hopes but it would be amazing if it fit.

My heart says Hayabusa, but this GT is just so practical...

·
Registered
587 Posts
My dealer said they'll have the bik mid-late November (Hungary). Definitely will take a look and report back here how it compares to my 2017 naked.

Suzuki USA says the case holds "most full face helmets", which is promising. I'll try with my Neotec II size M. I don't have high hopes but it would be amazing if it fit.

My heart says Hayabusa, but this GT is just so practical...
The helmet shown fitting is a Shoei X14. That is what I wear in a medium size. It used to fit in my Africa Twin OEM left side pannier just fine.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10
86 Posts
I'm dropping my FZ10 off next Saturday for my dealer to try to sell it quickly and get an order in if they do. Crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Best selling now, before this week news of an updated 2022 MT10 is on the road in your Country gets around the traps.
A few months back probably was closer to the mark, now that your Winter is coming.

Rob
thats a reason why I let one go to the first person interested, once people caught wind of a new gsxs, they'd probably just get one of those instead.

·
Registered
332 Posts
thats a reason why I let one go to the first person interested, once people caught wind of a new gsxs, they'd probably just get one of those instead.
Right you are! It's why I sold my F last month....I knew once the new model hit the floors that a potential buyer of my bike might just buy the new one instead...therefore lowering the value of my bike. I got $10,500 for mine...I'm happy with that...but I'm lucky that I have other bikes in my garage to ride while I wait for the GT to show up. :)

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10
86 Posts
The "new' MT10 isn't what I'd call new. They made a few cosmetic changes and a slightly better screen is all I saw different. I don't think it will perform any better or different, just looks a little different. I think people were expecting a "new" bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I didn't have time to take a lot of photos of the GT and the 2022 GSXS 1000. Will do on Sunday when I go back. I was too busy test riding other available bikes :)

Just my thoughts from seeing them:

It looked really good in person. If you're worried about the face being too "mech" it definitely looks more subdued in person when you take it all in. From a distance it reminds me of a bulky yamaha R1. I'm looking to buy a new motorcycle within the year and I'm between the GT, the Ninja 1000 SX, BMW R 1250 RS, and the GSXS 1000 naked. I got to see all four at the event and demo the Ninja and the BMW 1250 RS. Ninja beat the BMW by a good margin in what I'm looking for. The BMW was more aggressive seating and the engine wasn't smooth.The GT was the best looking of all four imo. The 2022 naked wasn't a striking in person as it looks on videos/pictures.The ninja rode really well and I loved it over all the other bikes. It was the only one I wanted to keep riding after the demo, the engine was smooth and usable power everywhere. If the GT is at least comparable to the ninja in performance then it is the winner for me based on looks.

I'm in CA and a lot of dealers seemed excited about the GT and one of them is for sure ordering a demo model. They felt that it could overtake the Ninja 1000 with the K5 engine being superior. They were also bummed the US didn't get Triton blue. One guy said two people cancelled preorders over it. The metallic blue looked nice. Definitely more for a refined gentleman not looking to race. It seemed the like the choice if you don't want to be noticed. I'd prefer the black even though I haven't seen it in person yet. Let me know if you guys want more in depth photos of certain parts. I'll be there sunday.

Edited while sober to be more clear and less confusing.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry..I'm confused..did you actually ride it? Cheers
Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more clear. I did not get to ride it as it was only on display. I did get to test ride a ninja 1000 SX and my logic was if the GT is on par with that then it’ll be a great motorcycle. I’ve never ridden a sport tourer before so it was a great experience. It’s either the Ninja or the GT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn't have time to take a lot of photos. Will do on Sunday when I go back. I was too busy test riding :)

It looked really good in person. If you're worried about the face being too "mech" it definitely looks more subdued in person when you take it all in. From a distance it reminds me of a bulky yamaha R1. I'm looking to buy between the GT, the Ninja 1000 SX, BMW R 1250 RS, and the GSXS 1000 naked. I got to see all four at the event and the GT was the best looking imo. The Ninja beat the BMW by a good margin in the test ride. The ninja rode really well and I loved it over all the bikes I rode. It was the only one I wanted to keep riding after the test ride. If the GSXS 1000 GT is at least comparable then it is the winner for me based on looks alone.

I'm in CA and a lot of dealers seemed excited about the GT and one of them is for sure ordering a demo model. They felt that it could overtake the Ninja 1000 with the K5 engine being superior. The metallic blue looked nice. Definitely more for a refined gentleman not looking to race. It seemed the like the choice if you don't want to be noticed. I'd prefer the black personally even though I haven't seen it in person yet. Let me know if you guys want more in depth photos of certain parts. I'll be there sunday.

View attachment 47039 View attachment 47040
You also mention the GSXS 1000 naked, did you get to ride that and if so was it the new model ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
You also mention the GSXS 1000 naked, did you get to ride that and if so was it the new model ??
No, it was on display only. Let me know if you want more specific pictures when I go back tomorrow. It seemed smaller in person than what I thought it was from youtube reviews/pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
did they have a pic of the gt + without panniers on? (a gt) I guess. wanting to see pics without the bags on one eventually

I really feel like the rear subframe exposed bar should of been black. thats going to bother me. I still wonder if it would be hard to pull that frame, powder coat or paint it black and be somewhat not a terrible hassle.

especially when the passenger peg frame is black.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Did you get to feel it, and if so, did you notice anything about the fit and finish? My past experience of Suzuki's is that the fit and finish is a bit lower than most other brands, which I have not minded in the past because they were also a bit cheaper, but this bike is a bit pricier so I'd expect higher quality too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
did they have a pic of the gt + without panniers on? (a gt) I guess. wanting to see pics without the bags on one eventually

I really feel like the rear subframe exposed bar should of been black. thats going to bother me. I still wonder if it would be hard to pull that frame, powder coat or paint it black and be somewhat not a terrible hassle.

especially when the passenger peg frame is black.
I'll ask them tomorrow if they can show me how to remove the panniers and try to snap a photo of how it looks without them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll ask them tomorrow if they can show me how to remove the panniers and try to snap a photo of how it looks without them.
that would be great! my dealership said Suzuki accessory guy said when they remove the bags, theres a cover that goes over the mounts that way it looks like a GT and not a GT+ with hooks exposed. can you ask if thats the case, (basically a trim cover / appearance trim or something) I dont know what im trying to say.

would be sweet to get confirmation from those guys.

but you did overall like the blue? I was disappointed no bright blue, but I think I like this dark shade a lot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you get to feel it, and if so, did you notice anything about the fit and finish? My past experience of Suzuki's is that the fit and finish is a bit lower than most other brands, which I have not minded in the past because they were also a bit cheaper, but this bike is a bit pricier so I'd expect higher quality too.
I'm not the best judge of this but it seemed good to me for a Japanese bike. It was on equal par to the Ninja 1000 SX of fit and finish. It didn't seem cheap at all but I love Japanese motorcycles so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I was worried the front would look bolted on but the GT looks more natural than the naked. The seat on the GT also seemed more plush than the naked but I could be wrong.

The naked looks great from faraway but the closer I got the magic would fade, can't put my finger on it. Once you see how the headlight and winglet/fairings are bolted on it up close it did look cheaper but it's also a few grand less. Whereas the GT looked great from faraway and up close.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm not the best judge of this but it seemed good to me for a Japanese bike. It was on equal par to the Ninja 1000 SX of fit and finish. It didn't seem cheap at all but I love Japanese motorcycles so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I was worried the front would look bolted on but the GT looks more natural than the naked. The seat on the GT also seemed more plush than the naked but I could be wrong.

The naked looks great from faraway but the closer I got the magic would fade, can't put my finger on it. Once you see how the headlight and winglet/fairings are bolted on it up close it did look cheaper but it's also a few grand less. Whereas the GT looked great from faraway and up close.
but does it look like a 14-15k bike? because this is a very expensive bike to me. imo.

201 - 220 of 249 Posts