GSXS 1000 Forum banner
221 - 241 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just looked at it again. The fit and finish seemed on par with other higher end Suzuki motorcycles around it. If you’re not impressed with the quality of a GSX-R 1000 then it’s probably not going to blow you away.
I have no qualms with any of my Suzukis. I just wondered if it was a wow factor like going from a Camry to a Ferrari kinda look in finish/paint quality.

Curious to hear what they mentioned about removing the bags and if theres a trim piece that covers the exposed hanger hooks from them. hoping its pretty easy process though

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have no qualms with any of my Suzukis. I just wondered if it was a wow factor like going from a Camry to a Ferrari kinda look in finish/paint quality.

Curious to hear what they mentioned about removing the bags and if theres a trim piece that covers the exposed hanger hooks from them. hoping its pretty easy process though
Here is the GT+ without bags. He said they do not come with a cover to replace the hooks BUT you can most likely order the cover plates as a spare part. The regular GT comes standard with the cover plates. He didn’t know how difficult they’d be to switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
did they have a pic of the gt + without panniers on? (a gt) I guess. wanting to see pics without the bags on one eventually

I really feel like the rear subframe exposed bar should of been black. thats going to bother me. I still wonder if it would be hard to pull that frame, powder coat or paint it black and be somewhat not a terrible hassle.

especially when the passenger peg frame is black.
My guess is the frame is easy to remove. It runs around the tail end of the motorcycle. Looks like they just bolt on to the main frame with these two and likely some support ones in the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I hope a video or something comes out showing how to swap between the teo

I don’t want to remove whole frame to change that hook piece that would be stupid.

i wonder if when you remove those 4 bolts, if the cover thatgoes there on gt has a snap sort of mechanism. Or maybe where the 4 bolts are. There could be 4 prongs on the trim piece that snap into the holes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope a video or something comes out showing how to swap between the teo

I don’t want to remove whole frame to change that hook piece that would be stupid.

i wonder if when you remove those 4 bolts, if the cover thatgoes there on gt has a snap sort of mechanism. Or maybe where the 4 bolts are. There could be 4 prongs on the trim piece that snap into the holes?
That’s my guess. You just unscrew those 4 and replace it. I like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Photo dump of the GT+. The seat is really cushy, I was pressing as hard as I could with my fingers. I don’t think the front end will be as noticeable as it’s elevated here and looks very understated. When at ground level it’ll fly under the radar.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

What do you guys think about a tail tidy? I've always put them on every sport bike I've owned cause I think a huge fender looks ugly, but I think it might not be possible with the cases because it would relocate the turn signals to a position where they'd interfere with the cases.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

What do you guys think about a tail tidy? I've always put them on every sport bike I've owned cause I think a huge fender looks ugly, but I think it might not be possible with the cases because it would relocate the turn signals to a position where they'd interfere with the cases.
I was looking at the the tail as well, it looks like its kinda molded right underneath the brake light, not like the gsxs we currently have down further in the tail. I worry if we remove this one, it'll leave a real unsightly view.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hopefully the aftermarket will come up with something that looks decent, maybe something that screws into the same spot as the stock on but isn't as huge.
it looks like if you remove the tail tidy, theres a plastic that goes around the tail tidy itself as a shield. maybe it would only leave small holes but yeah, not a big fan of the current tidy. dont mind the lights, but dont like the whale tail.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, Cowthulhu.
Two questions:
1. Was the screen on the display bike the standard height screen ?
2. Are the bags when fitted, wider than the handlebars ? Always a point if you are permitted to lane filter.

Some welds on the close up of the seat sub frame were pretty rough, I must say. I suspect they were not robot welded.

Rob.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, Cowthulhu.
Two questions:
1. Was the screen on the display bike the standard height screen ?
2. Are the bags when fitted, wider than the handlebars ? Always a point if you are permitted to lane filter.

Some welds on the close up of the seat sub frame were pretty rough, I must say. I suspect they were not robot welded.

Rob.
1. It was the standard screen.
2. The bags were wider than the handlebars but nothing insane. You'd have to be mindful of it but not paranoid.

221 - 241 of 249 Posts