GSXS 1000 Forum banner
241 - 260 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, Cowthulhu.
Two questions:
1. Was the screen on the display bike the standard height screen ?
2. Are the bags when fitted, wider than the handlebars ? Always a point if you are permitted to lane filter.

Some welds on the close up of the seat sub frame were pretty rough, I must say. I suspect they were not robot welded.

Rob.
We were in California lane splitting a couple of years ago...a buddy was on a can am spyder and was splitting lanes...lol....you won't have an issue with this bike....

·
Registered
339 Posts
1. It was the standard screen.
2. The bags were wider than the handlebars but nothing insane. You'd have to be mindful of it but not paranoid.
I think the standard screen actually looks pretty nice there. I wouldn't mind a replica of it slightly smoked. come on Puig, make something similar or more stylish than this.
I wanna see what they come up with and the wind chart comparison fromoem to their windshield though, because Suzuki says they spent a lot of time trying this out in wind tunnel. so may be hard to actually beat.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Really digging the black especially the grayed out side panels on main fairing sides.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Really digging the black especially the grayed out side panels on main fairing sides.
I originally ordered the black but a couple of days went to the Triton blue....black imo looks like too many other bikes....and I'm tired of cleaning balck...lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
I originally ordered the black but a couple of days went to the Triton blue....black imo looks like too many other bikes....and I'm tired of cleaning balck...lol
I am in the US so the Triton color is not available or I would have selected that. Do not like the blue color the US gets.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am in the US so the Triton color is not available or I would have selected that. Do not like the blue color the US gets.
Yeah that blue just doesn't seem right for some reason...too Yamaha looking, perhaps?
The black will be nice for sure.

·
Registered
418 Posts
In case anyone here is on facebook...there is a group that has been started...cheers

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT+ blue
95 Posts
I'm about 99% certain I'm ordering one of these. Nothing really compares and I don't do black (Ninja). The only two things I wish were different would be a radial brake master cylinder and another 10hp. Some people are saying it should have an IMU, but none of my bikes have had it and at this price, it offers so much it's not funny.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm about 99% certain I'm ordering one of these. Nothing really compares and I don't do black (Ninja). The only two things I wish were different would be a radial brake master cylinder and another 10hp. Some people are saying it should have an IMU, but none of my bikes have had it and at this price, it offers so much it's not funny.
I agree...I can't believe people are whining about the price.

·
Registered
339 Posts
its still a lot of money dont get me wrong. I think the gsxr 750 at its msrp is a excellent value, this is even more expensive. but its a 1000. I had a heck of a deal, I paid 9000 for a brand new 2013 gsxr 750 off showroom floor in 2015 for 8300 (9k otd) those days are gone.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I think it's a sign of the ongoing post Covid times. Company Shareholders have a want of a good return, same the Bankers, and only the Customer is the easy option.
I see in the car World, the cheaper models are being deleted, and high profit margin models survive the cruel cull.

Rob.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here are the coveted Suzuki sliders, not sure if they are redesigned, or if they are the same ones that was sold/shown on 16+ but I was never able to buy a set when I wanted. I again will attempt buy the official sliders. looks like it wraps around the firing, but still direct frame mount. 2 bolt mount.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Found em.
posting this here for myself mainly, I will be asking dealership to try and get me a set cheaper than this.
but this has a red Suzuki sticker, and its being kinda sold as "katana" gotta find the regular gsxs item number. if anyone has it, toss it down below please.

found this video with them but no number. I only found the part number once. I lost it

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,139 Posts
Found em.
posting this here for myself mainly, I will be asking dealership to try and get me a set cheaper than this.
but this has a red Suzuki sticker, and its being kinda sold as "katana" gotta find the regular gsxs item number. if anyone has it, toss it down below please.

found this video with them but no number. I only found the part number once. I lost it
Part NO is 990D0-07L40-000 I think they will fit all the gsx-s1000 based models.
Ebay UK link.
Almost wish I had bought them instead of the R&G ones but then £102.50 against £350 and also the replacement cost when the bike goes down.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I wonder what the original one was, because the original ones on gsxs1000 on 2016 videos have "white" Suzuki embossed on them, all the katana ones are red. I'd rather white myself. it doesnt look like its a sticker either or I would just peel it off. but this photo actually makes me consider them, **** nice looking. (I still want the white version)

edit, on the accessory videos it sure looks like a sticker above.
Product Vehicle Automotive design Material property Font

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT+ blue
95 Posts
The GSX-R750 has no cruise, no quick shifter, no real electronics, old school instrumentation, same look forever, etc. While I agree it's a good bike, they haven't done anything to it in forever.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Anyone hear anything about availability of a centre stand? I emailed my salesman the other day asking and he's was pretty sure it is available but is looking into it for me...Centre stand would be great.

241 - 260 of 267 Posts