GSXS 1000 Forum banner
481 - 486 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
An oil change won't help....I've done 3 changes including using synthetic amsoil....no change
I thought maybe it would help put it back in the "only on hot start" category.
This ish is really starting to sour me on the whole experience because it's getting worse, which sucks really bad because I've been waiting for a bike almost exactly like this since 2007 when I got my first sport-touring bike. It's Japanese... it's supposed to be rock-solid reliable, dangit!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have you had the dealer look at it ? You are the first I remember reading that says it does it while riding.
I thought I remembered someone else here saying recently that theirs is also doing it while riding now, but I can't find it so maybe I'm mistaken?

It started occassionally tapping during the ride two commutes ago, seemed to only be at low RPM, idle and coming off idle in 1st but that might just be the only time I can hear it due to wind noise at higher speeds (and I wear ear plugs) or it might be due to the lower oil pressure at low RPM (seems likely).
My last commute on it (last Friday) it started at a stoplight and I got it to go away by lightly revving it a few times. It's still the same tapping... not loud but definitely there and then gone.

I won't be able to make it to the dealer for at least several more weeks but probably longer because I'm getting my other recently-acquired Suzuki (DR650) ready for an upcoming camping/offroading trip (with my 4WD as well). The GT will be sitting it out until after that and after cleaned up/put away and caught up on missed chores/errands.

481 - 486 of 486 Posts