GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I want to put a new handlebar that is narrower than the stock, I'm having a hard time lane splitting, my old bike was a zx6r so it was easier.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you're handy, you can hacksaw a little off each side and re-tap for the bar ends...or take it down to a machine shop.
No need for re taping, just loosen screw a bit then pull bar weight straight out,do not take screw all the way out or you leave the rubber expansion grommet up in side the bar. I have to remove mine every time I get back from a ride as I can`t get it in the shed with them on.

·
Registered
437 Posts
No need for re taping, just loosen screw a bit then pull bar weight straight out,do not take screw all the way out or you leave the rubber expansion grommet up in side the bar. I have to remove mine every time I get back from a ride as I can`t get it in the shed with them on.
That would burst my arse!!
Definatley would need to modify the shed.
I didi take the big bulky looking black ones out and replaced with anodised red oberon ones to no ill effect

·
Registered
336 Posts
Oh ok. I didn't realize they were the rubber grommet type. Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That would burst my arse!!
Definatley would need to modify the shed.
I didi take the big bulky looking black ones out and replaced with anodised red oberon ones to no ill effect
It only takes me a few minutes , I do not want to cut the door frame of the shed, it`s a lot simpler than my last bike which was an RSV1000R , with that I had to take both exhaust cans off every time I put it away. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
It only takes me a few minutes , I do not want to cut the door frame of the shed, it`s a lot simpler than my last bike which was an RSV1000R , with that I had to take both exhaust cans off every time I put it away. :)
As Roy Castle used to say " Thats dedication" :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Side question, I saw picture of bike with 4 plastic caps cover the bolts that secure the handle bar and some without the caps (my bike doesn't have it). What's your?

·
Registered
974 Posts
The bars have to be put into place by the dealer when the bike arrives so I'm guessing some didn't put the caps when assembling it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts