GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the new Katana Section; it is up and running. Please keep in mind this is for items that are uniquely Katana; and do not fit elswhere.
Thank you all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
great to see that the Katana has its place here along with the other Gsxs .i have my Katana for over a year now , and parts unique to the bike are expensive. i usually have to do a search for Gsxs parts to work.i had to order the Kech for the gsxs , and im going to have to find a place to fit the remote rsev

·
Registered
75 Posts

this is her along with my other bikes , 2007 R1( i had since new). and 2018 Harley Davidson Low Rider .i took the bikes out of the garage to make some room," to do" the winter mods to the Katana . i dont ride in the winter, so that is as much snow as the bikes are gonna see and feel,
i got a list of stuff that i gotta do
underslung Brembo rear brake
brembo front brake master cyclinder
rizioma front and rear brake reserve
install the K tech shock
pair valve
G2 1/4 turn throttle tube
gonna change out the tires to Dunlop Q4
what i have done so far
M4 full exhaust
Dano's flash
power commander with auto tune . ( i had gotten the PC V and autotune first) then i got the flash so i decided to run the PC V along with the flash.
custom Dynoed in NJ . bike is pushing out almost 160 HP will post pics later of the chart
aftermarket windshield
power bronze , belly pan
powerbronze. Mud guard
powerbronze seat cowl
Rizoma mirrors
suzuki seat with red trimmings and Katana logo
i changed the side logo to black
removed the stock signals and install flush mounted , so you can only see them from the rear or front.
Pazzo levers

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
So is the stock shock on the Katana the same brutal beast of a shock on the GSX-S? If it it, you are going to love the K-Tech. (y)

·
Registered
75 Posts
So is the stock shock on the Katana the same brutal beast of a shock on the GSX-S? If it it, you are going to love the K-Tech. (y)
YES it the worst suspension bike i ever ridden , that and the gsxs 750 i sold to get this Katana

i have been riding for 36 years , the bike is really comphy one of the most comfortable bikes i have ridden.but its also the worst corner speed handling bike i had. the shock and tires .do no justice to the Gsxs .

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
YES it the worst suspension bike i ever ridden , that and the gsxs 750 i sold to get this Katana

i have been riding for 36 years , the bike is really comphy one of the most comfortable bikes i have ridden.but its also the worst corner speed handling bike i had. the shock and tires .do no justice to the Gsxs .
You are absolutely right about that. New shock, and I changed out my tires atabout 6K for Mich R5s. Both made huge improvements. The shock in comfort and handling the bumps, and the tires in all around turn in effort and confidence in sticking to the road.

·
Registered
33 Posts
View attachment 44751
this is her along with my other bikes , 2007 R1( i had since new). and 2018 Harley Davidson Low Rider .i took the bikes out of the garage to make some room," to do" the winter mods to the Katana . i dont ride in the winter, so that is as much snow as the bikes are gonna see and feel,
i got a list of stuff that i gotta do
underslung Brembo rear brake
brembo front brake master cyclinder
rizioma front and rear brake reserve
install the K tech shock
pair valve
G2 1/4 turn throttle tube
gonna change out the tires to Dunlop Q4
what i have done so far
M4 full exhaust
Dano's flash
power commander with auto tune . ( i had gotten the PC V and autotune first) then i got the flash so i decided to run the PC V along with the flash.
custom Dynoed in NJ . bike is pushing out almost 160 HP will post pics later of the chart
aftermarket windshield
power bronze , belly pan
powerbronze. Mud guard
powerbronze seat cowl
Rizoma mirrors
suzuki seat with red trimmings and Katana logo
i changed the side logo to black
removed the stock signals and install flush mounted , so you can only see them from the rear or front.
Pazzo levers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts