GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Looking at replacing my wife's genI FZ1 possibly with a GSXSF. Here to learn about it and give back to the community where I can.

Duane

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike. At one time I had two sons at home and a wife that rode, made for some great family times.:)

Over the last couple of years she hasn't been riding as much so when she started commenting on the F's I thought if that will get her more interested in riding again lets look into it. Besides who doesnt like riding a new bike?:D

I currently have and ride a ZX14R, B-King, CBR1k and a Husky SM610.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hi Duane and welcome from an ex B-King owner.
Perhaps your wife might want to look at the best version, the naked & blue ? ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Duane and welcome from an ex B-King owner.
Perhaps your wife might want to look at the best version, the naked & blue ? ;)
Thanks for the welcome Dekker! She seems to be prettywell set on an F in red/black. We'll see.:eek:

·
Registered
871 Posts
You know it buba.:D

What gave it away? :rolleyes:
Trying to figure out how many Duane's in East Texas own a BKing and an SM610. Can't be that many. :D

I know you've seen my posts and seen my bike. Don't know what else you are looking for. I don't know how soon you are looking to buy, but if the weather and holiday travel plans could align, there could be an arrangement made to meet up on bikes and swap for a bit. I'd suffer to follow you on the BKing. :D Maybe some BBQ for lunch somewhere I could answer any questions you have. You probably know a good place.

However, any questions you have, ask away, we'll get you sorted. Don't pay MSRP though, these bikes sit and languish and you can get them for quite a bit less than MSRP. Don't believe all you read, the shortcomings on the bike can be fixed, and without a lot of cash spent.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Jason. My understanding is that it's pretty much the drive line out of the '05 GSXR1k. I have my brothers in my shop now. He's put 58k miles on it, zero issues runs good.

If anyone runs across a red/black F at a great price let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yep, same engine, better ergos. The F is well and truly ugly but the added wind protection is nice if it's to be your primary ride and there's some nice accessories for it especially when it comes to wind screens. Used ones are hard to find, but if you start your search for a brand new one in January and there'll be deep discounts on previous year models. I got mine this past January 2018 as a 2016 model fro a really good price. Because the F is uglier, folks were able to get better discounts on them like Stromer (also a TWT guy) got for his. :D

·
Registered
871 Posts
Dude, I ride a B-King, ugly don't bother me.:laugh:
Yea, but first of all, you said it's not for you, but for her. Also, the B-King is only ugly from the rear, and is easily fixable, which IIRC, you did fix that. You can't fix the ugly on the F. All you can do is remember that it's not ugly to you when you are on it. >:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I think her mind is made up on that, she likes the fairing and taller than a fly screen windshield. And you know what they say, if moma aint happy...........

Me I don't care. If it'll make her want to ride more........

She put most of the 30k miles on her gen1 FZ and then slowed to not much. I think she got bored.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yea, if you are going to ride it for much at all, the screen and fairing help a lot.

I had tried another supermoto and then the GSX-R750 and realized that the bike I was trying to find was a modern version of my Gen I FZ1's and I have absolutely loved my GSX-S1000 since I got it. I think she'll like it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
If we can get Stromer to come to this side of the Metroplex, maybe we can grab lunch at the Shed or Stanleys, and then we can sit and compare.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts