1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G_day Everyone

Here’s my intro...

First I don’t ......bite!

Traded in a 2016 MT09 on a new 2018 GSX S1000 a few months ago & have been reading the posts here!
Just joined up!

Am a Surfer, Kitesurfer , motor & bike enthusiast, & can’t sit still for a minute, need to be on the move always!

And never say one sport is the best! Or better than another, same goes for bikes & cars. Every bike has something
special about it.

Motorcycling = freedom,

Been riding for 50yrs started out on mini bikes than rode Yamaha 2 stoke motorcross , Yamaha LC,RD,RZ road bikes.
Was bloody hard to adjust to four strokes! All good with 4 stokes now!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Welcome BigDog! I'd be curious to hear your opinion of the MT09 vs the GSX-S. I owned an MT07 before my GSX-S(F) and sometimes I miss that light weight wheelie machine with the low end grunt. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike,

Did 30000kms in two years is rain hail & shine on the MT09 most of the time in A mode, had a Akra race pipe. + high seat, used it as a Commuter to work,every 2 yrs i feel like a change. Did miss it a lot at first.
Have rode the MT07 awesome machine , both love to wheelie, MT09s engine is a gem ,triples are indeed very high in torque had to learn to steer on the back wheel in the first 3 gears , super light front end = power wheelies around 100-200m high with your weight over the front wheel,And it was real easy to slingshot off the mark in traffic due to the bike is so light , Braking was also great in dry weather but cornering can catch you out real easy,never did have the confidence to push it hard through the Twisties , the GSX is way better / planted cornering.

Having said that their two totally different bikes, would a lot of writing to explain.but eg.
First it’s the gearing MT09 is very low gearing from 1st to 3rd , the GSX is super tall in first then the rest is close ratio.
I didn’t like the GSX off the line, so I changed to 1 tooth smaller socket on the front which am happy with the result.
the GSX is next level in Quality , comfort & performance that top end is ballistic.
Just purchased the Dominator decat eliminator & was delivered today , Haven’t opened it yet the box feels like there’s nothing in it,so light 😀will have it fitted & reflashed in a few weeks by RB racing here in Sydney, so am reading the decat posts very closely seems to be the best bang for your buck mod.

Cheers!

Ride hard

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Welcome Bigdog.
Your riding experience fits in well with the demographic of this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you think I am a poisonous Stinger, you’re a psychopath! I’m here for the motorcycling just tried to add a bit of humour to my info.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you think I am a poisonous Stinger, you’re a psychopath! I’m here for the motorcycling just tried to add a bit of humour to my info.
Guess my sense of humour playing on your comment about not biting combined with the idea that Australia has a huge number of dangerous creatures didn't translate too well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had enough of your sarcastic comments , your a troll!!!! Don’t reply or message me again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts