GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a like new 2016 with 2100 miles on it yesterday for $6250 (OTD) from a car dealership. Apparently they took it in on trade for a car, and since they don't usually do motorcycles I walked out with a very good deal.

I started looking at the GSX-S a while ago but I had to sell a bike before I started looking seriously. I had a VTX 1300 and a Ducati 996 (I know, complete opposite ends of the spectrum). I sold the 996 a few weeks ago and I've been looking at more sport touring bikes instead of the GSX-S, but I was drawn back to them again. Made a couple of calls on new ones that weren't nearly as great after they added on all the fees, so I started looking used. Unfortunately my area is pretty bare, but I did find this one 5 hours away. Got them down to $5800, we split the credit card fee, and then after tax I'm bringing it home for $6250.

I'll add some better pictures after I get it out and dust it off today. It is in perfect condition and I'm ecstatic about it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Great to see you got a beautiful bike for a good price and are ready to make it yours.
Welcome to the forum. Lot's of great riding in Kentucky? Are you near Owensboro? Home of the Haydens!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great to see you got a beautiful bike for a good price and are ready to make it yours.
Welcome to the forum. Lot's of great riding in Kentucky? Are you near Owensboro? Home of the Haydens!
I'm about 1.5 hours from there. I need to take it up and get a picture with the Nicky statue.

Thank you all! It's been great so far. It's a huge difference from the 996. The superbikes of old are nothing compared to the 1000s now. If only it handled as well.

·
Registered
530 Posts
That would be great (getting a pic with the Nicky statue.) He was such a good ambassador for the USA and I was happy when he won the world title in 2006. He worked so hard to achieve everything he did. I was hoping he'd help get Honda turned around in WSBK, but he ran out of time.

The GSX-S1000 is a great bike (plenty of power) but Suzuki put the cheapest, POS shock they could find on the thing. And why (for the love of God) could they have NOT just stuck to the GSX-R geometry so we could use those shocks on our bikes? But no. Gotta buy a one-off. But once you get the back end sorted, then you can start to feel what the front end is doing and you can adjust things up there to be pretty good. Hey, it probably won't be "Ducati-like" in the handling dept unless you put in cartridges up front, but starting with the rear shock may be enough to make you (much!) happier.

In the USA, K-Tech and Wilbers seem to be the go-to shock folks for this bike. Plenty of threads on here that hash it out already, so a quick search will point you down the right path.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts