GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New member here in Arizona. I got my used 2016 GSX S1000F back in December. Got the throttle "snatch" fixed in February (do the TPS adjustment FIRST). Did my first trackday in March and my first sport touring ride (3 days, 540 miles) in April.

I'm absolutely loving this bike. If it had a bigger fuel tank and a centerstand, it would be perfect.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Welcome bilbo. I haven't done any track days, but I commute whenever weather permits and try to hit the mountain twisties on the weekends when time allows. I agree that the GSX-S1000F is a freaking awesome bike. I just put on a new K-Tech Razor R rear shock and got the suspension adjusted at the shop, and I'm loving it even more now. If you ever hit Utah, give me a shout.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome bilbo. I haven't done any track days, but I commute whenever weather permits and try to hit the mountain twisties on the weekends when time allows. I agree that the GSX-S1000F is a freaking awesome bike. I just put on a new K-Tech Razor R rear shock and got the suspension adjusted at the shop, and I'm loving it even more now. If you ever hit Utah, give me a shout.
We tour in Utah often, though probably not this coming summer (California/Oregon this year). I'll try to remember to get in touch the next time we're in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome along.

Not done track days for a few years, was hoping to get back in to it this year but am planning on hiring a bile rather than using mine.

It was not nice sliding on my backside watching my bike sliding away after a low side whilst repeating the mantra "don't flip, don't flip" as it heads closer to the grass!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome along.

Not done track days for a few years, was hoping to get back in to it this year but am planning on hiring a bile rather than using mine.

It was not nice sliding on my backside watching my bike sliding away after a low side whilst repeating the mantra "don't flip, don't flip" as it heads closer to the grass!
Yikes. Happily I haven't had that unpleasant experience.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Bilbo,
Great to hear from someone who is loving their GSX-S1000. As you pointed out, good for track days AND touring around a bit. Such a versatile, fun bike to ride. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts