GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I’ve been looking at the GSXS 750/1000. I found the 750 small when sitting on the bike, then had a try on the 1000. This was perfect for me size,weight & the power. Hmm lovely.
So I went to my local stealers and have just ordered 1 of the last triton blues gsxs1000 in the country, I should take delivery of the bike in 2 weeks time around the 18th of September, ooohhh I can’t wait. I’m looking forward & can’t wait.
Any suggestions that I should do to the bike to make it more smother etc, don’t really want a loud pipe droning in my ears on any longer distance runs, so I might just keep stock on the exhaust for the time being. Are the 2020 models still suffering from a snatchy throttle syndrome ?
Look forward to discussing and reading various topics with you all.
Mark

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi folks, I’ve been looking at the GSXS 750/1000. I found the 750 small when sitting on the bike, then had a try on the 1000. This was perfect for me size,weight & the power. Hmm lovely.
So I went to my local stealers and have just ordered 1 of the last triton blues gsxs1000 in the country, I should take delivery of the bike in 2 weeks time around the 18th of September, ooohhh I can’t wait. I’m looking forward & can’t wait.
Any suggestions that I should do to the bike to make it more smother etc, don’t really want a loud pipe droning in my ears on any longer distance runs, so I might just keep stock on the exhaust for the time being. Are the 2020 models still suffering from a snatchy throttle syndrome ?
Look forward to discussing and reading various topics with you all.
Mark
That's awesome. Welcome to the club.
I'd wait to ride the bike and see how it fits your riding style. I would save any performance mods until after break in and you have acclimated to the bike.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I agree with Cainus.
Get it, get it run in and then see what you think.
I’m in Bristol and have a 2015 Triton Blue with a standard pipe an original fueling. It’s not a problem. It was a bit lurchy when it was new and the engine was tight but once it had a couple of thousand on the clock it’s been as good as gold.
Couldn’t live with the rear shock though. That had to go as soon as I started to explore the local lanes
Welcome Aboard BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome aboard, my bike turned 1 last month with 14000k's I haven't done any performance work yet but the 1st thing I did was remove the reflectors from the forks and made a tail tidy just to get rid of the woomera hanging on the back.
The snatch on the throttle initially was a concern but by the time you break the seat in you probably won't notice it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you made the best model choice.
Blue and naked is how I like em.
Beaker #3 has it right, get some miles on it before making any judgements.

Reactions: mike d

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys, I probably won’t do much to the bike. The only thing that is a must, will be to tidy up The a**e end with a tail tidy. I was just getting excited and a little carried away with myself.
I’m into the streetfighter style of bike, and this would make a awesome base machine to work with. I have a modified gsxr slIngshot that took me 12yrs to finish but won several bike shows, it’s tucked away in my lock-up.
I made a promise to the wife that I’d have no more 1ltr bikes as I had a blade previously & Well let’s just say that it was very quick. So I thought marriage or bike and got rid, to keep the other half happy. Sold the blade & thought right I’m going to do some touring into Europe and bought myself a triumph tiger 800xc. Nice comfy bike but very top heavy, especially moving around my garden, and with a bad back & not being able to go to Europe this year & not going to risk it next year too, so it had to go. To boring for local rides, but comfy.
So here we are, I have 10days left to wait before delivery, I just hope suzuki deliver on time or early.
Any recommendations on a tail tidy for the bike will be apreciated.
Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome, I also agree with Cainus and Beaker on giving it some miles to loosened up. I have a pretty much stock 2018F model bought in the winter of 18/19 and it took some miles to bed in up and for me to get used to it. It need the Throttle Positioning Sensor set to the correct value as it was wrong out of the factory and I run it on Tesco 99 octane super unleaded which I try to convince myself helps any throttle sensitivity..

I couldn't live with the stock Dunlops in the British weather so put on some Roadtec 01s which have been great. Put a Nitron R1 built for my weight on the back and having the suspension set up professionally was also major step forward.

I now can’t find another bike on the market I’d rather buy (e.g. the Z1000SX is heavier and I don’t like the look) although when I bought it I had gone with the aim of buying the 750 as a throwback to my days on an GSXR750H but on back to back test rides the 1000 was on another level to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got to 600 miles and had the first service done and then after much consideration bit the bullet and sent my ECU to Junction 33 for a postal remap. It's made a staggering difference to the bike, it's easily the best £250 I spent on a bike EVER. No more 4th or 5th gear at 30mph to smooth the throttle out. It is without doubt a 'must have' for these bikes.

OE tyres don't like wet weather by all accounts, I just switched to Metzeler Roadtec 01SE's which are designed for more powerful bikes. There's currently a £40 pre-paid mastercard offer on with these and you'd be able to sell your old tyres, I got £60 for mine so an effective £100 discount off new tyres.

Waiting on a Nitron R1 shock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome aboard. I've got a 2018 F. I find you just have to be smooth with the throttle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for the welcome, I’ve been in contact with the dealers yesterday & they reckon they still don’t have a delivery date. I just hope that they don’t start giving me a load of bull, just so they could get their sales up due to this years events. Today will tell if I get it for tomorrow. I hope so as I’m excited,but if I get bull then patience will run out. I already had a small run in with a ———— salesman, telling me no more triton blues in the country when there were 3 available. All he wanted to do is sell the 1 they had in stock. I would have gone elsewhere but my restrictions stopped me due to work etc etc.
So I’m hoping to be able to post a couple pictures some time tomorrow but don’t hold your breath at the moment.
fingers & toes crossed for Friday
till then
Mark

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Fingers crossed for tomorrow then.(y)
Although, if it hasn't arrived yet, it will still need to be PDI checked first before they can release it....it might be Saturday if they are busy.
Where are you getting it from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They have said it will arrive this week, although they haven’t been given a delivery date from suzuki. There bike builder only comes in 3 days a week, so unless it arrives today or 1st 5hing tomorrow I can’t see me collecting by Saturday I know patience is needed but excitement & good weather for the weekend expected, I’m finding it hard.
I ordered a tail tidy yesterday lunchtime & it’s turned up already this morning, quick turnaround & very pleased.
i bought the bike from Bridge Motorcycles Exeter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice bike! You’re going to love it. Throttle can be a little touchy but once you break it in and can open her up you’ll forget all about that. Enjoy it and be safe.

John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts