GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! 500 miles on the gsxs so far and loving it!! 32years old and just swapped from r1 5vy to gsxs and don't regret it one bit .. Got plenty of questions to ask if I cannot find them in search bar ?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hi everyone! 500 miles on the gsxs so far and loving it!! 32years old and just swapped from r1 5vy to gsxs and don't regret it one bit .. Got plenty of questions to ask if I cannot find them in search bar ?

Welcome mate, time for the first service almost and time to really break her in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome mate, time for the first service almost and time to really break her in
I asked around and general thoughts for new bikes was ride as normal from when you bought it, modern bikes dont have metal cast left inside the engine casings like they used to, I waited till 100 miles then gave it full revs, but several of my biker mates report no problems from 1 mile.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The day i got it from the dealer is the day mine went to red line.

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Let it warm up, get on a freeway/highway where you can do 100kph/65mph. In second or 3rd, pull hard till you get to 100/65, then let the bike engine break down to 60/35mph. Repeat as much as possible for ~200 miles.

Then swap out for mineral oil, and keep mineral oil in it until first service then go semi from there.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The day i got it from the dealer is the day mine went to red line.

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Let it warm up, get on a freeway/highway where you can do 100kph/65mph. In second or 3rd, pull hard till you get to 100/65, then let the bike engine break down to 60/35mph. Repeat as much as possible for ~200 miles.

Then swap out for mineral oil, and keep mineral oil in it until first service then go semi from there.

Confession time!
I tested that theory with a brand spankers new 50 km old Black Bird. 150 km/hr in first to 1 k of revs off the redline.
Flushed out the oil at home say 130 km then on the clock. The oil came out like brand new and clear, and it went back in again.

The bike was no better or worse for the experience, but I would not do it again, because if the motor blew, the Importer would just return it to Honda Japan for a cost re credit. With hindsight there would be a peak rev and time of engine hour use recorded in the ECU memory when they investigated the cause of failure. The Warranty would have a clause about misuse etc.
<Name omitted to protect the Innocent>

0:)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hello and welcome from New Zealand! I used to live in Clacton-on-Sea. Ask away...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts