GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I’m new to the forum & new to the gsx s1000.
Fantastic bike, had it for 4 months now ,
Thinking of changing the tyres as the rear is very twitchy in the wet .
Sorry if this has already been asked but several mates have suggested Michelin road pilot 4 or 5’s
Anyone tried these , any feedback would be helpful, good or bad as I’m fairly inexperienced having only been riding 3 years

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hi Guys
<snipped>
Sorry if this has already been asked but several mates have suggested Michelin road pilot 4 or 5’s
Anyone tried these , any feedback would be helpful, good or bad as I’m fairly inexperienced having only been riding 3 years
Welcome Ruddo,
There's a great search engine over on the right top area called 'Google Custom Search'. But that one is just a plain old WWW Browser Google.

There's a Forum specific one hidden there too which only searches the posts and thread's here called "VB Search".
At white 'g' in the blue box background colour , there a downwards facing arrow, which when you click for choices, use the "VB Search".

Use this, and enter Michelin etc and go and look, there are plenty of posting's done over the 3 years that Members have been replying to the same old questions.

Rob.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Welcome Ruddo. I really like my R5s so far, but I don't have a lot of miles on mine yet ( < 1000) so I can't give them a raving endorsement (yet), but my observations, so far, are that they stick much better than stock in cold and wet, and they turn in quicker too. They are confidence inspiring in my somewhat limited my experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys
Thanks for steering me in the right direction , I'm now finding my way around the forum so I'll keep looking
Oh and Quatro, since I've come off an adventure bike to the gsx s 1000 I think my balls have shrunk lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
Roadtec 01's or Road 5's are both excellent sport touring tyres and a rear should will last you over 10000 km. Go for 55 profile for a better turn-in. My OEM tyres lasted 3700 km and were lethal in the wet .

·
Registered
525 Posts
Try Michelin Pilot Road 5 for wet grip

Hi Guys
<SNIPPED STUFF>
Thinking of changing the tyres as the rear is very twitchy in the wet. Sorry if this has already been asked but several mates have suggested Michelin road pilot 4 or 5’s. Anyone tried these? <SNIPPED STUFF>

Hey Ruddo,
Kiwi Geoff swears by the Road 5 tires in the wet. Says they provided confidence inspiring grip AND good longevity. As for the stock D214 tires being 'twitchy' and low traction, you are correct on both accounts. Poor tires for such a powerful bike. But they were black, round, and cheap so they made the cut ;) Hopefully you find some new tires that make the machine better in ALL weather conditions. Let us know.
Michael in the Texas Hill Country (USA)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Michael
Thanks for the advice buddy, Think I'm definitely going Road 4 or 5's , Just reading posts about 50 or 55 for rear tyre,I'll post once I have them on
Cheers
John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts