GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I would like to say Hi to everyone, i've been following the GSXS1000 site for a while now, and find it to be very informative.

I have now had the bike for 3 weeks now, it's a Suzuki GSX S 1000 F the colour is white. The bike is a 2018 model and only had 1,850Kms on the clock, it also came with after market exhaust, handle bar risers, after market mirrors, I have just fitted a K&N air filter, and Suzuki fuel tank decals.

I love the bike.....but...... for the jerky throttle, it gets very scary on Australian roads. So its something I'm going to have to look into.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi there little fella!
Try doing this... Put the bike in dealer mode turn the throttle to full then tune the ignition on and count to 5 seconds
then bring the throttle back to idle for five seconds then turn the ignition off.
Turn bike back on count to five seconds then turn off all done now start bike go for a ride and see if it’s any better.
Im curious to see if this might work.
So let me know the results...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi Jeff,
It probably doesn't even matter re dealer mode, if it going to happen it will. Dealer mode was so the 2017 and earlier bikes could see the - C00 line and any reaction to the process.

Hi Little Jim welcome along to this Forum.
The above process seem's to work best with jerky throttle bikes, the better acting ones don't show any improvement being noted.
You've got nothing to lose. The bike, like a good wine, improves with age (the bike, not yours).

Rob.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hey Rob what’s weird is my bike is a 17 and it doesn’t show the line just the C00?
But as for the 5 second throttle adjustment This is what Kawasaki do so I was wondering if it might work
On the gsxs.
Wouldn’t hurt to try I would try it on my bike but as you know mines been tuned with woolich and it’s sweet.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
First off I would like to say Hi to everyone, i've been following the GSXS1000 site for a while now, and find it to be very informative.

I have now had the bike for 3 weeks now, it's a Suzuki GSX S 1000 F the colour is white. The bike is a 2018 model and only had 1,850Kms on the clock, it also came with after market exhaust, handle bar risers, after market mirrors, I have just fitted a K&N air filter, and Suzuki fuel tank decals.

I love the bike.....but...... for the jerky throttle, it gets very scary on Australian roads. So its something I'm going to have to look into.
Welcome Aboard:laugh:
What were your previous 3 bikes? We love to gossip!;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New member.

Hi,

I would like to thank the people that have given me a warm welcome.

The bikes I have owned are, Suzuki 250 GT two stroke back in the 70's, Yamaha 650, Yamaha Royal star, Ninja 600 R, Yamaha FJR 1300, Honda Fury, Can Am Spyder F3, and now finally Suzuki GSX S 1000 F.

I would like to get the bike tuned when I find someone that knows what they are doing without ripping you off.

My Son just had his bike serviced by Dynoverks $900.00 he has a Aprilia RSV4 RR.

Could someone please tell me how you put he bike into Dealer mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts