GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Happy New Year to all. I am have been following the "Moore Mafia" and his You Tube channel as I enjoy watching the tuning and building of drag bikes as a former racer myself. So today I came across a video of him doing a GSX-S1000.
So I thought I would post it up. I haven't sent him (or anyone) my ecu for a tune but the results looked pretty strong to me. I a, just hoping one of the BIG companies will give us some more full header options other then the few we all know about already so we can really get these bike showing what they are really able to do. I am likey going to get the Arrow header (unless Brocks or Ackro) come out with one soon and send my ecu to Chris for a flash. But just wanted to let you know for those that might want another option.....happy holidays!

Jerzy

·
Registered
283 Posts
Watched that yesterday.(y)

Reactions: JerzyGSX-s

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey everyone,

Happy New Year to all. I am have been following the "Moore Mafia" and his You Tube channel as I enjoy watching the tuning and building of drag bikes as a former racer myself. So today I came across a video of him doing a GSX-S1000.
So I thought I would post it up. I haven't sent him (or anyone) my ecu for a tune but the results looked pretty strong to me. I a, just hoping one of the BIG companies will give us some more full header options other then the few we all know about already so we can really get these bike showing what they are really able to do. I am likey going to get the Arrow header (unless Brocks or Ackro) come out with one soon and send my ecu to Chris for a flash. But just wanted to let you know for those that might want another option.....happy holidays!

Jerzy
I reached out to him just after the grudge races in Orlando and as soon as I nail down some mods my ECU will be headed to Chris!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I reached out to him just after the grudge races in Orlando and as soon as I nail down some mods my ECU will be headed to Chris!!
Very cool let us know the results! What type of set up you have? I am trying to determine my next more. I have a slip on but really want a tune/flash as I do have the snatchy throttle and my bike feels a bit flat down low. I haven't had it to a dyno but It only has about 1400 miles on an 2018 and I went up one tooth in the rear and I still have to TRY to get it to power wheelie. I am 230lbs..... but still. Shouldn't have to try that hard...lol So I am hoping a tune and header will "wake it up"!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very cool let us know the results! What type of set up you have? I am trying to determine my next more. I have a slip on but really want a tune/flash as I do have the snatchy throttle and my bike feels a bit flat down low. I haven't had it to a dyno but It only has about 1400 miles on an 2018 and I went up one tooth in the rear and I still have to TRY to get it to power wheelie. I am 230lbs..... but still. Shouldn't have to try that hard...lol So I am hoping a tune and header will "wake it up"!
I'm about 225 and mine will come up in 1-2nd doing power wheelies very easily however I do prefer clutch ups. Keep that rear brake covered :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had my ECU flashed by Danos. What an amazing difference. Sent it out on a Thursday, He called Monday to discuss settings. Had it back Tuesday. This is the way it should have been from the factory. So much more fun to ride!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Had my ECU flashed by Danos. What an amazing difference. Sent it out on a Thursday, He called Monday to discuss settings. Had it back Tuesday. This is the way it should have been from the factory. So much more fun to ride!
Any mods before the flash?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I had the same impression at first - the bike stock lacked low end power.
The ECU flash is a must, as well as headers with longer secondary pipes (M4) cure the power dip at 4-5,000 rpm.

I have both , plus 2 teeth bigger in rear, now power wheelies in 2nd are easy peezie (225 lbs)
and the bike is a completely different beast

·
Administrator
409 Posts
I have bought a lot of product from Dale over the years. He sells a fuel tuner (Dobek) that he has created custom maps for. I have one on my Bandit & it works great. Have one for my GSX - but never installed it as I had the ECU flashed instead. Everything I have bought from him has been top shelf. I'll sell you the fuel tuner if you want to go down that path.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts