GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

First off, I've been a lurker around these forums for quite some time and I'd like to thank everyone here because in this forum there were answers to all of my questions.

I'm kind of a new rider, started last summer with a Z650 and sold it once the season ended. Today I picked up a mint 2015 GSXS 1k with low mileage and brought it home. Missus doesn't know it yet, so she will probably kill me, but tbh I fear this bike more than her.

Until the snow melts, I've already filled my todo list: mirrors, crash protection, cosmetic stuff etc. Can't wait to test this thing out as I haven't ridden one. Was torn for months between gsxs and the Z1000, and I hope I will be glad I chose this.

Anyways, thats it
Thanks all, have a great one!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

· Registered
85 Posts
I also picked up a nearly mint (a fairing tab was broken off during an oil change), and most of the time I've seen GSXS1000's for sale they're owned by older crusty professionals who rode 600 cc sport bikes in the 1990's.

With traction and ABS, this bike is a friendly and easy bike except, of course, it blows past 120 mph like it's not even there. In 3rd gear. Honestly it's a bit too fast for me but you'll love it as I do.

· Registered
680 Posts
You know its funny, I remember riding my 2016 home from the dealer brand new and thinking no bike needed that much power. Now I am debating doing a full exhaust in spring to compliment my improved engine(MM tune), suspension(Ktech) and brakes(RCS19). As stated already, a new quality shock and careful tuning of your fork transforms the already good handling. A Brembo M/C with SBS pads and new fluid will give you **** near race spec brakes with excellent bite and control. A good tune will get rid of the snatchy throttle issue 100% if you make sure they turn off the fuel cut. It will also reduce engine braking and make the bike smoother and more powerful everywhere, especially down low.

Even stock, you will have more than double the HP of your last bike come spring :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts