GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just stopping here to say hi. Just picked up my bike this morning. Although I love SuperSports I enjoy sport nakeds and was looking to jump to the Super Naked category.

A bit about me, I love all motorcycles 25 in the last 7 years, but have a soft spot for Cafes, super sports and nakeds. jumping from a FZ-09. Loving this bike already, love how planted it feels in comparisson to the FZ. I expected the throttle to be snatchier but is not bad, I guess the FZ trained me well even after reflash.

I'm reusing a few things from my FZ such as my CRG mirrors and Protaper handlebar.
Looking forward to good hings from this forum

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Yes I went crazy selling/trading but of course no regrets, all that experience makes me appreciate and understand bikes in general.

Really looking forward to mods for this bike. First stop are sliders, put the stuff from my FZ and Tail Tidy, which once again I'm almost certain I will built myself, can't stand paying upper $150 for that.
Welcome aboard mate...wow thats a nice number of bikes over a short span of years!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my F on Aug 1. Paid $11000 including tax and everything. I live in Prescott. Had mine up to 155 MPH. If you want to ride together sometime, send me a PM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought my F on Aug 1. Paid $11000 including tax and everything. I live in Prescott. Had mine up to 155 MPH. If you want to ride together sometime, send me a PM.
Nice I have not seen another one here in Arizona you are lucky enjoying a good weather I am still sweating like a pig!

I just relocated from Tucson and I'm still looking for a nice roads to ride I have never been to Prescott on any bike but from what I have seen you guys have nice road so I definitely need to go up there

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry some Phoenix speak here. Got mine back in March (RideNow Chandler). Haven't seen any on road, but I guess I haven't been to the Pavillons on a Saturday night with it. Jerome is my favorite long ride, Canyon Lake is favorite short ride, but road is disintegrating :(. Try Superior and turn south to Winkleman, or the road to Bagbad off 89A out of Yarnell. These should be great on new bike!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry some Phoenix speak here. Got mine back in March (RideNow Chandler). Haven't seen any on road, but I guess I haven't been to the Pavillons on a Saturday night with it. Jerome is my favorite long ride, Canyon Lake is favorite short ride, but road is disintegrating
. Try Superior and turn south to Winkleman, or the road to Bagbad off 89A out of Yarnell. These should be great on new bike!
Cool more AZ people!

I bought mine from ride Now Ina on Tucson, I went to RideNow Chandler but they trrated me like ?, so I went back to my OG dealership :)

I'm googling the routes right now thank you. Canyon lake is indeed desintegrating too much loose gravel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
https://goo.gl/maps/diopwReaghR2

This is a nice ride north out of Phoenix. Yarnell to Willhoit to Prescott to Jerome is awesome, then it's just a quick blast down the 17 to get home.
Thank you mroseland, the link didn't work but I'm googling the places.

By the way I'm going to Scottsdale Cars and Coffee on Satirday, supposedly there is going to be a nice turnout of bikes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
MotorcycleAddict, Ha, yeah the Chandler RideNow dealership sucks and is so petty I won't buy another bike from them. Luckily, I really love the bike! Last time at Car-Coffee got stopped for a monowheel-exit on Scottsdale road--imagine that. Since wife is working Sat evening, I'm going to Pavillions. Maybe you can do both :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weather here in Prescott should be improving soon. Anyone up for a ride let me know. Lake Mary is a beautiful ride. Can be fast too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts