GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, been on here for a bit but just got my brand new, blue, non abs GSXS yesterday. Im coming of a modded 08 zx10r. So far today i did a -1 front sprocket, yoshi tidy tail, removed pass pegs/morrors/warning stickers.

Im likimg it so far. Its exactly what I was looking for. Full exhaust and Woolich tuning coming soon.

Even with 1 down in front and tc off, this bike seems like it does not want to clutch up wheelie in 2nd gear. Im no stranger to wheelies as 100mph high way wheelies were not an issue on my 10r. Seems like i have to beat this bike hard in 2nd. Anyone?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hello and welcome, I would not really call this bike a wheelie machine as u know the F model only lifts in first at the right time and if it's a wheelie machine your after I'd suggest the mt-9 or 10
There's plenty of power their but the weight distributions not right for it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out. its just that this bike has really tall gears, less hp and more throttle tube movement range than my last bike. Removed the throttle tube and built up the cable cam approx 2.5mm with jbweld. Now i can go wide open in a quarter turn. Hanging the front 3ft in 2nd no problem now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts