GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2016 GSX-S1000F in January. I have about 1500 miles on it so far. I really like the bike but it could use a little suspension help and a decat full exhaust. My last bike was a 2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring. I would have kept the Ducati but had 2900.00 worth of warranty work done and didnt want to pay out of pocket after the extended warranty ran out. Race tech does not offer any replacement springs for this bike so far. Also, the only full exhaust I have seen is the M4 which eliminates the cat. Yoshimura only offers a slip on exhaust at this time. Has anyone seen other options that are available in the USA?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Arrow makes an exhaust system

I believe there is a Brazilian company making one now as well. Cs racing

Hyperpro makes a progressive spring kit for front and back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought a new 2016 GSX-S1000F in January. I have about 1500 miles on it so far. I really like the bike but it could use a little suspension help and a decat full exhaust. My last bike was a 2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring. I would have kept the Ducati but had 2900.00 worth of warranty work done and didnt want to pay out of pocket after the extended warranty ran out. Race tech does not offer any replacement springs for this bike so far. Also, the only full exhaust I have seen is the M4 which eliminates the cat. Yoshimura only offers a slip on exhaust at this time. Has anyone seen other options that are available in the USA?
Where about are you at in North Carolina? I live just outside Winston-Salem. Wouldn't mind meeting up with someone else who has a gsxs 1000. They are a rare breed around here!

·
Registered
161 Posts
there are a few exhaust options available - Arrow offers a full header or you can find a mid pipe on Ebay. Either way you will also want / need a Power Commander, Air Filter and Dyno Tune in order to dial it all in. Personally not sure if its worth all the $$$ and effort for a few extra HP. Good luck and welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
there are a few exhaust options available - Arrow offers a full header or you can find a mid pipe on Ebay. Either way you will also want / need a Power Commander, Air Filter and Dyno Tune in order to dial it all in. Personally not sure if its worth all the $$$ and effort for a few extra HP. Good luck and welcome to the forum :)
arne't people getting like 16 extra HP? Thats not bad for a bike and would certainly be noticeable.....I've easily noticed 20hp gains on 2800 pound cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
M4 full exhaust

M4 says 11 pounds lighter and 8 or 9 HP increase for full system. Also eliminates cat. But I must fix suspension first!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi , from Winston Salem NC here , picked up a 16. F this year with 800 miles , now has over 4000, haha .
K&N filter Schnitz ecu flash , 3 pc Givi hard bags and 1 inch bar risers. And other mods to come, spending all this week in western NC . Rode the Dragon at least twice a day every day. Hit me up sometime to go riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts