GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Red GSX-S1000 at the end of November, only rode it 30 km's before I put it into storage. Even with such little seat time I am much happier with it than the 2016 XSR-900 I recently sold. Cheers!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome! This forum could always use more Canadians. I live just north of Toronto. You got some great riding roads in that area to the north of Kingston.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! This forum could always use more Canadians. I live just north of Toronto. You got some great riding roads in that area to the north of Kingston.

Hi and thanks to all who have taken the time to reply!

Yes we do have some great riding roads here, many that I can enjoy the ZX-14R on but some that are more tight and technical that is where the GSX will come in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just purchased a Red GSX-S1000 at the end of November, only rode it 30 km's before I put it into storage. Even with such little seat time I am much happier with it than the 2016 XSR-900 I recently sold. Cheers!

Hi and welcome from USA ! What didn't you like about 2016 XSR-900?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I made some changes to my XSR other than cosmetic but even with the upgraded seat is what not comfortable, not like I am a big guy 5' 10" tall and 160 lbs. The seating position is not as neutral as the GSX, I felt like I was sitting on a dirt bike.

Each start up whether cold or hot took the engine numerous times to roll over before it fired, seemed odd compared to all my other bikes.

I know guys knock the GSX for the throttle being jerky but the XSR in A mode is very abrupt, I always rode it in the middle of the three settings.

Suspension adjustments helped a bit to sort out the harsh ride from the factory, they must be set out of the box for someone quite heavy.

Clutch only engages when it is almost at the end of the lever when you let it out, no adjustment can solve it as per me and the Dealer.

Dealt with Yamaha on some cosmetic warranty issues when the bike was brand new and they would not come good for it.

In the end after 2600 km's I moved on to the GSX.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts

I made some changes to my XSR other than cosmetic but even with the upgraded seat is what not comfortable, not like I am a big guy 5' 10" tall and 160 lbs. The seating position is not as neutral as the GSX, I felt like I was sitting on a dirt bike.

Each start up whether cold or hot took the engine numerous times to roll over before it fired, seemed odd compared to all my other bikes.

I know guys knock the GSX for the throttle being jerky but the XSR in A mode is very abrupt, I always rode it in the middle of the three settings.

Suspension adjustments helped a bit to sort out the harsh ride from the factory, they must be set out of the box for someone quite heavy.

Clutch only engages when it is almost at the end of the lever when you let it out, no adjustment can solve it as per me and the Dealer.

Dealt with Yamaha on some cosmetic warranty issues when the bike was brand new and they would not come good for it.

In the end after 2600 km's I moved on to the GSX.

I was between the two bikes myself. I'm only 5'6 and gsx felt perfect while XSR felt tall. Thanks for your write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts