GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've had my 16 gsxs1000 for 3 days now. I've got around 140 miles on it. I'm hoping to hear some break in advice from members in the forum. I've just been keeping under 5700 rpms. But that's gradual. I jumped from a KLR650 which I still own. I expect that may spark some fire lol. Hope for the advice and a long term member in forum thanks in advance!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello all! I've had my 16 gsxs1000 for 3 days now. I've got around 140 miles on it. I'm hoping to hear some break in advice from members in the forum. I've just been keeping under 5700 rpms. But that's gradual. I jumped from a KLR650 which I still own. I expect that may spark some fire lol. Hope for the advice and a long term member in forum thanks in advance!
Ride it. Job done.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome, I didn't beat the bike too bad but definitely went way over the suggested break in rpms as I have all of my new vehicles and she just gets better and better each ride..

·
Registered
379 Posts
I followed the manual - kept it under the RPM limits, but used all the gears and kept the engine under load as much as possible.

There are a million and one theories about breaking in an engine.

·
Registered
53 Posts

I followed the recommended break in for the 1st 300 miles...

After my 1st 300 miles, I ran it normally and didn't go over 11000 rpm.

Put full synthetic and oil filter changed at 600 miles and been hanging off the side of the bike like Rossi ever since! !

Suzukis make better power when broken in this way. Fact

1 - 5 of 5 Posts