GSXS 1000 Forum banner

New Owner

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  lumberjack 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have owned a new GSX-S1000F for 4 weeks and now covered 900 miles. I started my m/cycle ownership in 1967 with a Suzuki Super Six, the first of 57 m/cycles in 52 years of riding - quite a few have been Suzukis. However, this one was acquired because of my first accident (worth mentioning) in over half a million miles. A car did a U turn in front of me on a blind corner, and the damage to hand and pelvis 2 years later still gave me so much trouble with my Moto Guzzi Breva and April Caponord 1200 because of their weight and seat height (balance at standstill with feet down is a problem), that I tried this Suzuki.

So far so good - it is refreshingly light and the very low seat height is a major help. Very rapid acceleration, smooth motor and nimble steering are major plus points, as is the extraordinary engine response at just about any revs in any gear. Throttle too sensitive and new ECU is on order, but not much else to fault - even the modest factory tank bag and tail pack are good enough added to a proper rucksack for a few days touring. I had forgotten how good Suzuki engines usually are, and this one is as good as they get. Even the finish is excellent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.