GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys …. I need some help from all of the owners.
This might make me deciding on a purchase.

I am no newbe on a 1000.
I owned R1's , Honda's before but never a Suzuki and it is time to get into one well depending on this feedback.

I am looking at a 2017 Suzuki GSX-S1000FA.
Any obvious reasons for acquiring/not acquiring ? The pro and cons on this motorcycle.

My previous owned recently was a 2010 Yamaha R1 which was a great bike but sadly some guy made a illegal U turn and it got totaled.

What can I expect from the GSX-S1000FA ?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
Reliable, comfortable, powerful.... did i say reliable? You will hardly find a bad word to be said about the gsxs on here. Still the best bang for buck naked litre bike, period.
Despite this it still may not be the right fit for you. Test ride one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Any obvious reasons for acquiring
Yes. Good all around bike. Not very expensive. Fairly sporty, not uncomfortable (I do not like the seat but most do), decent amount of options if you want to make improvements, not a lot of electronic wizardry that you only use like 10% of it with the other 90% rarely if ever utilized, reliable and proven design with a wide torque curve. Plus there is a lot of knowledge about performance increase in the engine as the motor is based on the K5 GSXR if you want more go after buying and deciding you want MOAR.

The only drawbacks in my opinion is that the valve adjustments require shims. Compared to the Bandit, it requires shims and cam removal if adjustment is need, which is rare, as opposed to loosening a locknut, adjusting, then tightening. EDIT: And no centerstand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Hard to beat an R1 for speed and raciness! The GSX-S will probably not knock you socks off compared to that, but it is comfortable, plenty fast, and reliable.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top