GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just picked up a new 2016 model. Not had a chance to really test the bike as the UK weather has cold and slippy. Done the usual mod's. Crash bungs/rad protector/tail tidy/tank protector. Just looking to get some levers. Most of the gear is Evotech.

Moved from a Z800 and Piaggio MP3. Great scoot for over winter but got pissed with being hit by car mirrors. My fault as I like to filter but forget these scoots are not that fast so cars always managed to get me on the line lol.

Any way will be looking for advise as I start to use.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
:DWelcome Aboard:D
as you like to scoot through the traffic`.First bit of advice. Watch out for transit vans. Their mirrors are the same height as yours and I keep hitting them when I'm on my way to work;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome Chris, good to see you got the right model and colour, enjoy it, what part the UK you in?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome chris, like it's already been said you picked the best colour imho! Same mods as me to a point! Liking those rim decals, where did you get them from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi, got the rim decals from ebay. I think they come with the carbon edition and the guy didn't like them. I only used two per side when they provide three so the complete wheel should be covered. But I prefer this spaced out look. At least I have a few spare for when they get damaged.

One of the reasons I stopped using the scoot is the vans, over Christmas got hit 3 times by mirrors as I just wasn't quick enough and the z800 was poo in the wet and rain, only had it a few months when rust started. So sold both and bought this one.

Glad to be back on a big bike. Normally buy tuono's and ducati's but wanted a change. And honestly I was surprised at the build quality. I had to many parts fall of the Italian bikes and man do they rust.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome! ...... Nice looking bike, of course I'm kind of partial to the Red & Black naked. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts