1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yss £290 or £460 with remote preload adjuster

nitron r1 £438
hyperpro £398.
so which should i go far ive had a yss on my z1000sx bulit to my specs and it was good.

just cant make my mind up. not into track riding but like fast road riding. i find the standard shock on bumpy roads turns the bike into a bucking bronco

·
Registered
980 Posts
Can't compare to any others, but I've been very happy with my Nitron R1. Not a racer but do enjoy spirited riding in the twisties. It really helped with the jarring road buckles.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I dont think there is a bad decision to be made here.

Being that both shocks are good, I would make the decision based on after sale service. Do you have a suspension shop, near you, that services either one?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a yss dealer. who i can take the bike to and get the shock made and fitted. i rung hyperpro and they want another 160 on top because i take our lass 40% of the time. the shock above needs revalving for higher weights. so thats that one out. the yss is drawing me in with it have a preload adjuster aswell for that price

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Nitron NTR-1 transformed my bike - fast road riding only. Mine only cost £429. Aug 2017 direct from Nitron. I backed the damping off 2 clicks to get a bit softer ride.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
can you adjust the preload on the bike. with the ntr1 as i take our lass on the back often
Sure you can it comes with a fancy tool to do that. But when you order they ask you your weight and style of riding and choose your spring rate accordingly.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I don't know how they did it, but the factory spring adjustment/sag on the Nitron was dead-on. I did soften up the damping a bit.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'd like a new rear shock but for everyday riding. I let 'er rip sometimes and love pushing it a bit in the twisties but 90% of time I ride sanely and would like a smoother ride. Nitron might be a bit of overkill. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'd like a new rear shock but for everyday riding. I let 'er rip sometimes and love pushing it a bit in the twisties but 90% of time I ride sanely and would like a smoother ride. Nitron might be a bit of overkill. Any ideas?
I dialed my stocker down to the lowest setting and it's much nicer for my 150 lbs meat.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mine is dialed as soft as it’ll go and is still a piece of junk. Struggles to keep the tire in decent contact with the road surface. Fronts to stiff fjr me as well and it’s backed out in preload as far as it’ll go. Biggest issue with the front is the compression rate is way off, to harsh.

135 lbs and both ends of the bike are just not good for me. K-Tech front cartridges on my race bike are really nice and the SDS rear shock is bad to the bone. The setup cost me $3500 so it better work right and it does. Can’t see throwing that kind of money at the budget GSX though. $800 rear shock might just happen however.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know it comes set to suite you. but i take our lass on the back often. so will need to adjust it. just dont wanna take it off the bike to adjust it. cant afford the remote adjuster

·
Registered
980 Posts
i know it comes set to suite you. but i take our lass on the back often. so will need to adjust it. just dont wanna take it off the bike to adjust it. cant afford the remote adjuster
You don't have to remove the shock to adjust preload (at least not on the Nitron), but without the remote, it's going to be a bit of a pain and something you probably don't want to do often. If it were me, and I just couldn't save a few more dollars for the remote adjuster, I'd find a happy medium and leave it there.

·
Registered
486 Posts
How does the Wilbur shock compare?

The K-tech site shows the shock listed for our bike as having a remote resevour. Is that an option or is that standard for $661 USD? Does it come with a mounting bracket? I removed my passenger peg mounts and would like to mount the res there.

·
Registered
719 Posts
How does the Wilbur shock compare?

The K-tech site shows the shock listed for our bike as having a remote resevour. Is that an option or is that standard for $661 USD? Does it come with a mounting bracket? I removed my passenger peg mounts and would like to mount the res there.
I have a wilburs with remote resvoir. It comes with a bracket to mount in the pilon compartment instead of outside the bike

·
Registered
79 Posts
taskgsx, the YSS site doesn't list the bike, I assume they just haven't updated it? What series shock is it they support the GSXS1000 with? Both the Z series without reservoir and G series with?

1 - 20 of 177 Posts