GSXS 1000 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Any custom builder, should be able to provide you with the correct spring rate for you and your bike as near to the rate of spring available, rough call but 94 Nmm would be my first spring rate to try.
I'm considering Ohlins STX46 that's made for our bike. It seems comparable to and same price as Penske 8975.
Thoughts?
The STX 46 is a very good shock but basic in the Oblins line up. For similar money I'd suggest other options are available from other companies that provide greater adjustability and set up options. The Nitron R2, K Tech Razr, are both shocks I'm familiar with that offer more at the same price as Ohlins and are equally good.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I got the K-tech Razor shock installed friday night. Easy to do when your bike has a full exhaust system already on it.

Rode it yesterday a little. 1000% better, whole new bike! I set the stock forks back to stock settings and I think they will be fine for me at my weight. In fact the front forks feel better with the new rear shock. That piece of junk rear shock was throwing the whole chassis off. Remember I only weigh 139 lbs.

Crappy cell phone pic

·
Registered
13 Posts
K-tech hands down. I road raced on their stuff it is very good. Install was easy with no drama.
razor R is chock road and wilbers competition no ?

i realy want change my shock because the stock is very bad :p my old suspension of my street triple R miss me lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
razor R is chock road and wilbers competition no ?

i realy want change my shock because the stock is very bad :p my old suspension of my street triple R miss me lol
The K-tech is plenty for this bike. 3 way adjustable plus ride height adjustable. Have it sprung for your weight.

I have never seen a Wilbers at a racetrack that was on a bike that was in the top 5. K-tech, ohlins, Penske, JRi, yes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The K-tech is plenty for this bike. 3 way adjustable plus ride height adjustable. Have it sprung for your weight.

I have never seen a Wilbers at a racetrack that was on a bike that was in the top 5. K-tech, ohlins, Penske, JRi, yes.
K-tech yes but not razor, dds yes.

I am not pro lol but i want to choose the best for me and maybe few track day 0:)

·
Registered
536 Posts
K-tech yes but not razor, dds yes.

I am not pro lol but i want to choose the best for me and maybe few track day 0:)
I would not have any problem doing a trackday or a race on this bike with the Razor. K-tech doesn't drop off the quality of their components based on what the item sells for. I've had the DDS on a GSXR and couldn't tell the difference to the Razor on the GSX.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would not have any problem doing a trackday or a race on this bike with the Razor. K-tech doesn't drop off the quality of their components based on what the item sells for. I've had the DDS on a GSXR and couldn't tell the difference to the Razor on the GSX.
really ? sorry for my many questions but i dont want put 600 € in my country for middle shock lol

the razor have good setting ? i see only 16 clics setting right ?

Thanks for your anwser 0:)

·
Registered
536 Posts
really ? sorry for my many questions but i dont want put 600 € in my country for middle shock lol

the razor have good setting ? i see only 16 clics setting right ?

Thanks for your anwser 0:)
It has 32 clicks rebound 30 clicks compression. Comes with pre load adjuster tool. Ride height is adjustable via a nut at the lower shaft location.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had both Wilbers and K-tech and have found the K-tech to be a bit more plush in the first part of the stroke and the Wilbers a little more firm with the settings that come suggested by each manufacturer. Both are top quality products and you wont be disappointed with either. The reason I went with the K-tech over the Wilbers this time was due to price, the location of the shock reservoir and K-tech's recent success in road racing. One point worth noting is the ability to change the length of the shock, I've lengthened my K-tech to raise the rear of the bike and that has transformed the handling of my bike plus given me more ground clearance.

61 - 80 of 177 Posts