GSXS 1000 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ordered the Wilbers 641 earlier this week. The questions they asked were: My weight; fully geared weight; passenger (sometimes, rarely, never), type of riding (highway, track, twisties, etc...). Discussed optional height adjustment and resevoir location (under pillion).

I will post install pictures when I install it (late July).

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ordered the Wilbers 641 earlier this week. The questions they asked were: My weight; fully geared weight; passenger (sometimes, rarely, never), type of riding (highway, track, twisties, etc...). Discussed optional height adjustment and resevoir location (under pillion).

Just ordered the same shock. Couldn't help myself and went for the niteline colour scheme to match my black and red F model, not that much of it is visible. Will also post up my install and results.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Just ordered the same shock. Couldn't help myself and went for the niteline colour scheme to match my black and red F model, not that much of it is visible. Will also post up my install and results.
I ordered it too!
I cannot wait!

·
Registered
45 Posts

I'm thinking I might go this route. I live in the US also, who did you order this through?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Yep! thats almost the identical patter I got when I ordered my Hyperpro. Then, a couple of days later, I had a call from the factory to confirm all the information they had was correct.
Excellent service. :D and worth every penny

·
Registered
43 Posts
As far as rear shocks go on this bike I have had hyperpro , hagon, yss , 9.0 k tech linear springs and oil in the front .By far the yss is the best budget emulsion shock I have ridden on works v well on track and road . I have also put a yss in my fazer 1000 . Btw I have no affliation with yss ...Im just saying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeh they do , theres one on mine
After I saw your first post I went to the YSSUSA web site and looked at their Application List spreadsheet. Couldn't find any listings for our bikes. Do you happen to still have the YSS part number for the shock you are using? And... how are you liking it so far on your GSX-S1000? Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
After I saw your first post I went to the YSSUSA web site and looked at their Application List spreadsheet. Couldn't find any listings for our bikes. Do you happen to still have the YSS part number for the shock you are using? And... how are you liking it so far on your GSX-S1000? Thanks.
i just phoned yss suppliers Brookes Suspension in the Uk . They sourced it , arrived in 2 days , the shock is excellant , I also have one on my fazer thou bought secondhand via ebay

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ordered the Nitron, lets hope it has the same improvement as the Bilstein set up on my BMW car.
Yes this is much better immediately, bike feels smoother, easier to control, more comfortable. Irons out the ripples in road surfaces that give the pattering oscillation feeling, far more enjoyable to ride feels more like the old B king now but with a thicker seat. Just goes to show a simple upgrade can make this bike an all day ride that could do big distances just by giving the rider more comfort. Easy to fit too just 4 bolts.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I also did not choose the ride height adjustment. I feel the steering is great and turn is quick, for this reason i stuck with the standard profile rear tyre after a thin piece of steel shredded my stock tyre.

141 - 160 of 177 Posts