GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
101 ways to spend more on your bike than you did purchasing it. :D

I say do it, but you know, I do very well at spending other people's money.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can see a better look photo in the install instructions at bottom of page, actually is a "shorty", with the prominent carbon fiber heat shield - not much for the exorbitant price. But you have to admit, Akra quality is top of the line

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Ya think?
There's an old saying "A fool and his money are soon separated".
The sound as far as my broadcast standard $30 speakers from Kmart is identical to the stock GSX-S1000. I can't tell any difference at all.
The torque curve is so similar to stock it's not funny, and the HP is what ever Akira wanted it to be as it's not described as SAE HP or DIN KW's and that's with the baffles out.
No useful gain in the real everyday riding world. :(

Yes, it looks the goods, but that is all up to the real carbon fibre add on's.
Cortana uses the same pipe, so it's reusable on it.

Rob.

·
Registered
890 Posts
That thing looks like it could have lost more weight, it's friggin huge! I met up with a guy with an AT and that thing sounds way better than it has any right to, bet it sounds better with that Akra.

·
Registered
543 Posts
That thing looks like it could have lost more weight, it's friggin huge! I met up with a guy with an AT and that thing sounds way better than it has any right to, bet it sounds better with that Akra.
It is way lighter than the size would indicate. It is also too loud with the baffle cones removed. Stock pipe was pretty heavy and had spark arrestors in it.

Since the photo was taken I have the Ohlins rear shock on it now as well plus the forks are at Cogent Dynamics getting the 30 mil Ohlins cartridges installed. Weird I have been trying to polish this Honda turd since buying it. Stock suspension sucked worse than the GSX and Honda owns the suspension company responsible. Engine makes no power to speak of, flat power curve and revving it basically does nothing. I am liking it until Yamaha brings me the Tenere 7 :D

1 - 20 of 110 Posts