GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice job on the looks. At least they're trying to make something that's more current and doesn't handle and ride like a 1954 Cadillac.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am a Harley fan, mainly sportsters as they are small and nimble, the big dressers are too big to me. I actually cant wait to start seeing them. I like the panamerica bike I saw in the video, one where the front end looks like chappie (the movie robot) my custom sporty I built.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The new bikes look cool, but performance is key in this category. They have well established competition. If HD doesn't really knock it out of the park, it's going to flop.

·
Registered
594 Posts
The Buell/ebr bikes were competitive in power, weight and price. With a well established brand behind the new bikes there's reason to be optimistic. IMO

·
Registered
594 Posts

But ebr has nothing to do with thee Harley bikes, unless I’m missing somthing.
No not that I know of, but their use of a narrow V with dohc and producing a viable sport bike means to me diregarding this new crop is silly, for now. I think the early Buell did use Harley engines but I might be wrong there.

·
Registered
444 Posts
To me, now I am biased, but Harley has been silly since the introduction of the UJM. And the majority of the people who ride them dress like pirates and motorcycle gang memeber but are as overweight as their bikes are and are as tuff as the bikes are fast.

I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen a non fat girl on the back of a Harley.

The whole culture aggravates me as much as sport bike riders who wear mo hawks and icon vests, weave in and out of traffic, and couldn’t carry speed through a turn and hit an apex to save their lives, literally.

·
Registered
694 Posts
To me, now I am biased, but Harley has been silly since the introduction of the UJM. And the majority of the people who ride them dress like pirates and motorcycle gang memeber but are as overweight as their bikes are and are as tuff as the bikes are fast.

I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen a non fat girl on the back of a Harley.

The whole culture aggravates me as much as sport bike riders who wear mo hawks and icon vests, weave in and out of traffic, and couldn’t carry speed through a turn and hit an apex to save their lives, literally.

Different places different crowd.

We have a bike night here at a local (awesome bar/food) and gets 1000+harleys on the bike night. Sexy ladies, and a lot of old worn out ladies too. Not going to judge them on riding, whatever. Ohio though is mainly Harley land.
I've seen a lot of fat ugly girls on back of sport bikes too to be fair. The Harley and sport crowd get along here. Posted a pic, the entire field is full of bikes too. Great time. Good music, good food, everything.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Water cooled and it looks like it has overhead cams. And the most rearward foot pegs I've ever seen on a Harley. But I'm still betting it's heavy and slow. Kinda reminds my of my old Diavel. Which was not slow!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I read somewhere its going to be like 980cc or something maybe 978cc cant remember, but not over the liter anyway. I do like the looks so hope they deliver on the power.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts