GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got around to installing the TT and Pro Grips.
The bike rides very nice with TT along with a PCV, adjusted suspension and adjusted throttle cable.
For some reason, the bike actually feels faster...maybe not fighting the throttle lets you enjoy the power more!:nerd:

I just realized that I really need to get those sticker off the tank! lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quick question: I just installed my PCV yesterday and on the bikes first test ride everything was vastly improved. Today riding to work, I noticed that the idle was at 1k (a little low I think) and the bike seemed to be running VERY rich, to the point of shuddering (mostly up until 5k in any gear). Any ideas?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick question: I just installed my PCV yesterday and on the bikes first test ride everything was vastly improved. Today riding to work, I noticed that the idle was at 1k (a little low I think) and the bike seemed to be running VERY rich, to the point of shuddering (mostly up until 5k in any gear). Any ideas?
Once warmed up, my bike idles at about the same. Not sure what is causing the shuddering...sure you got everything hooked up correctly?
Maybe the 02 optimizer isn't reading correctly?
If you can't figure it out, I would call Dynojet and see what they say.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Once warmed up, my bike idles at about the same. Not sure what is causing the shuddering...sure you got everything hooked up correctly?
Maybe the 02 optimizer isn't reading correctly?
If you can't figure it out, I would call Dynojet and see what they say.

Yep, I emailed Chris at DJ. It is weird, because it ran PERFECT on the first ride. I might need to try a different map, or possibly get a custom tune. Apparently if you unhook the positive battery lead it resets the computer (not sure if it resets the PC though). Are you using the provided map?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Just got around to installing the TT and Pro Grips.
The bike rides very nice with TT along with a PCV, adjusted suspension and adjusted throttle cable.
For some reason, the bike actually feels faster...maybe not fighting the throttle lets you enjoy the power more!:nerd:

I just realized that I really need to get those sticker off the tank! lol

Looking t your bars and in particularly the right hand switch, do you not get the hazard warning lights in the US either. Are they only on European bikes?

We don't have them in Asia

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I emailed Chris at DJ. It is weird, because it ran PERFECT on the first ride. I might need to try a different map, or possibly get a custom tune. Apparently if you unhook the positive battery lead it resets the computer (not sure if it resets the PC though). Are you using the provided map?
Yes I am, and it runs great. I wouldn't think you would need a custom tune.... you may have a faulty PCV.

Looking t your bars and in particularly the right hand switch, do you not get the hazard warning lights in the US either. Are they only on European bikes?

We don't have them in Asia
I guess we don't, but I'm not sure who all gets them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes I am, and it runs great. I wouldn't think you would need a custom tune.... you may have a faulty PCV.

I guess we don't, but I'm not sure who all gets them.

Canadian market does without it also

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Canadian market does without it also

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
You live in a beautiful area. My wife's brother lives outside Montreal and we love to ski at Mt. St. Sauveur when we get a chance. ( It's been a while)

Her mom and other brother live down in Brockville ON, so the St. Lawrence is a favorite place of ours to visit

·
Registered
116 Posts
You live in a beautiful area. My wife's brother lives outside Montreal and we love to ski at Mt. St. Sauveur when we get a chance. ( It's been a while)

Her mom and other brother live down in Brockville ON, so the St. Lawrence is a favorite place of ours to visit

Next time you need to go up to Quebec city... in winter we can go ski at mount ste-anne

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts