GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a NOS 2018 gsxs750z and I'm really looking forward to riding it.

I wasn't really looking for one but I stumbled across a GizMag review on Youtube titled: Suzuki GSX-S750 Review: this bike begs to be thrashed... (
) and I was sold. If you watch the vid you might want to zoom to 2:14 to avoid the silly intro. Especially at this time of year, the deals are pretty enticing.

I didn't get a colour choice so I got Z, but would have preferred blue/black (I've been informed by some Suzuki folks that blue Suzuki bikes are faster).

I've been riding the street for about 43 years (just a kid from what I've read on this forum) and have a few other riding options in the garage as well. But I'm really looking forward to this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome, nice bike. I went from a GSX-R750 to the GSX-S1000 and my first ride I realized I could have probably been quite happy with the 750 version. Of course, I've since gotten used to it but I imagine the 750 is quite the bike. Yes, it's true, the blue ones are faster, as I have the blue one, but Suzuki knew we couldn't handle these bikes in the fastest Yellow/Black combo so it hasn't been offered.

Your photo is awfully devoid of that dreaded white stuff for it being Canada, you getting any riding in yet?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We just had a skiff of snow on the southern end of Vancouver Island where I live. Otherwise its been quite clear and sunny but a little chilly (around freezing). Whenever the sun is out there are bikes on the road here, year round.

I recall seeing a yellow/black gsxr750 at Laguna in 2004 at the Suzuki tent (the one with the black that went right to the bottom of the fairing) and I loved the look of that bike. However, I rode a yellow TLR and that colour was just wrong on that bike IMO. But it would be interesting to see a Black/yellow combo on the gsxs. Perhaps its time to wrap!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ok, I'm going to deduct points from you for the TLR comment. That yellow and black TLR was sweet! I even reassembled my TLR from a wrecked heap of garbage I picked up for cheap and painted it yellow and black.

There's been a couple of folks doing wraps on here, check around. I still wish my Blue was the Blue/Black with the black tank. Would be easy to wrap the other blue parts yellow and get the color scheme. You should have no problems with the all black by adding some color.

Check this out.
SUZUKI GSX-S1000 (2015) | Motorcycle News | Webike Japan

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ok, I'm going to deduct points from you for the TLR comment. That yellow and black TLR was sweet! I even reassembled my TLR from a wrecked heap of garbage I picked up for cheap and painted it yellow and black.

There's been a couple of folks doing wraps on here, check around. I still wish my Blue was the Blue/Black with the black tank. Would be easy to wrap the other blue parts yellow and get the color scheme. You should have no problems with the all black by adding some color.

Check this out.
SUZUKI GSX-S1000 (2015) | Motorcycle News | Webike Japan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a great link! You're correct. The Black/Yellow on the GSXS is right on the money! I'll be ordering some yellow wrap and gloss black wrap for the tank, leave the rest the matt blackish OEM color.

What do you figure that can is off of (06/07 GSXR?)? I really like that stubby look. I wonder if that might be a direct bolt-up.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Looks like a stock GSX-S1000 can to me. Good luck with wrapping the tank. I've watched enough youtube videos to know I have neither the time nor the patience, nor the skill to do that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Gregg,
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum.
I love Vancouver Island. You truly live in a beautiful place. The 750cc bike seems perfect for the island.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the welcome, and its great to hear that you've been here and enjoyed the Island. You are absolutely right about the size of the bike and the available roads we have to use. Smaller (displacement) bikes seem to make the roads longer. We have a ride called the Southern Loop that is about 230km/140mi (from my door to my door return) that includes Victoria, Sooke, Port Renfrew, across the Island to Lake Cowichan to Duncan, then along back roads returning to Victoria. Makes for a great non-stop morning ride or a short day ride if you include a relaxing lunch on the ocean at the pub at Port Renfrew.

I suspect you've got some big stretches of asphalt to blast around on where you are.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I just purchased a NOS 2018 gsxs750z and I'm really looking forward to riding it.

<snipped.
I didn't get a colour choice so I got Z, but would have preferred blue/black (I've been informed by some Suzuki folks that blue Suzuki bikes are faster).

I've been riding the street for about 43 years (just a kid from what I've read on this forum) and have a few other riding options in the garage as well. But I'm really looking forward to this one.
Welcome Greeg,
As the other Boys here said, enjoy the Forum and please comment on your new Bike. The 750 is becoming better known and your not the only one active here with a 750.
You may have read my personal test ride review of the GSX-S750 a while back, so when you get more acquainted with yours, free free to write your own account of her.

I am getting a desire to change or add to bikes again, and hot favourite colour scheme of mine, the 750 with white and matte grey offset's and blue wheels didn't get the nod for Australia for 2019.

We got a choice of 2 as before, an all Triton Blue (looks so similar to the 2015 1000 Naked) or the matte black Z with blue accents. Blue, that Triton Blue, I am past it as a main colour now in 2019. I didn't like that plain enamel red last years 750 was lumbered with either.
The renewed 2019 Honda CB650R looks good on youtube, but like the 1000 version did, may well fail my test ride. The Suzy 750 passed fine it for me, but the S thou has the berries that are so addictive, >:D and if that one pops up in white, so much the better.
The Au 2019's 1000's are not that fair away now my Dealer told me last week.

Rob.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rob. How do I find your review - I'd love to see it.

Regarding your restless need to change up the bike collection - I understand completely and support more, different, faster, or even slower bikes. Every bike has a use and purpose. We just need to try them all to sort that out.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Thanks Rob. How do I find your review - I'd love to see it.

Regarding your restless need to change up the bike collection - I understand completely and support more, different, faster, or even slower bikes. Every bike has a use and purpose. We just need to try them all to sort that out.
Hi Greeg,
Here's a link to my review https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuki-gsx-s750-general-discussion/37250-my-test-ride-gsxs-750-a.html

To navigate around the site, look up to the top left below the blue bike graphic GSXS 1000.org, and click on 'Forum'
Scroll down towards the lower end, and you will see a header 'Other GSXS Related Models'
then you will see 'Suzuki GSX S750 General Discussion'.
There are no 125 cc Members yet (to my knowledge).

In the previous Post I remarked on the 2019 GSX-S1K available hopefully in the white with blue wheels. Suzuki Au today is updating their web, and I am pleasing someone for sure, as the Triton Blue has won out again and is a dead copy of the 2019 750.
No white in 750 or 1000 Naked for 19 here in Oz.

The 1000 Naked other option is the old Z with blue flashes in place of red.
The F variant web page is 'Under Construction'. Stay turned as they say to the beating drum roll.

They are still showing the 2018 run out price for both the 1000 Naked and 750. F will probably be the same price as they all 2019 in stock in the Warehouse will be 2018 build bikes remember.
There is no 1000/750 Z as such now, so in the Naked 's they have dropped 1 colour choice due to the lower sales of recent times. Cortana influenced, perhaps too.

Rob.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Rob. And thanks for that review as well. I'm hoping for more from the 750, especially from the bike's suspenders (albeit budget parts). Its good to get candid views instead of a more common 'the bike does everything well' type of review. I'm not expecting huge power.

Colours, colours, colours. I'm amazed at how a colour choice can result in such a broad swing of acceptance or disregard, or make an old model stretch through one more production year. I'd love to have that job for Suzuki (or for any bike manufacturer for that matter).

·
Registered
890 Posts
You'd want that job for Kawasaki. It always amazes me walking through the bike shows. Honda, all bikes are red. Suzuki, Blue or black or yellow. Yamaha, blue or black. Kawasaki, sixteen bikes of each model lined up in 16 different colors.

I've never been a fan of Kawasaki, but they sure do know how to give you a choice of colors it seems.

I did, at one point in time, make a purchase decision based on color. I'd had a CBR 600 F4 in yellow that was stolen. I got my insurance check but waited a bit to purchase since Honda and Suzuki were coming the next model year with FI for the 600's. When the colors were released, Suzuki was offering yellow and Honda wasn't so I went with the Suzuki sight unseen. I was not disappointed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Now that F4 was a bike that Yellow was so far better than any other colour Honda offered. I fully retract the earlier yellow statement. In regard to colour - outside of customs, and in my opinion, Kawasaki is the Mopar of bike manufacturers. I had two 03/04 636 s. The 03 had the truest Kawasaki Green and the 04 was a wild orange. My 08 zx14 was a great dark dark blue (like Metallic Midnight Saphine blue if I recall) and I recall the older Z11 s to have a dark metallic green that was beautiful for an OEM bike. Early 70's Honda s were that way. If you've had a chance, or get the chance to ride that Z14 engine - do it. That mill is the smoothest I4 I've ever had the opportunity to enjoy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Mike, and thank you for the welcome. I rode my brother's rd350lc (1983 I think - the white with two blue stripes) into a ditch. I was riding 4 strokes of the era and was expecting a little engine braking effect - that didn't occur - and simply ran out of tires and corner.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts