GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put new tyres and pads on today and what a difference :D:D:D put dunlop sport smart 2 tyres and double sinted ebh pads the bike feels like a different bike cant belive what a difference a 55 has done to the bike, and the brakes now have much more bite and they haven't bedded in yet well pleased

·
Registered
76 Posts
mine has done 6000 miles, still loads left on the original pads but I put a set of hh pads on, it totally changes the bike with brakes that bite, worhth wasting the origanals I think.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine has done 6000 miles, still loads left on the original pads but I put a set of hh pads on, it totally changes the bike with brakes that bite, worhth wasting the origanals I think.
i totally agree, and the 55 i put on the back has made a massive difference

·
Registered
84 Posts
Totally agreed, with metzeler m7rrs in 190/55, I've never once seen the tc light come on when it wouldve come on regularly with the stock tires. But after 3kmiles my rear is close to toast (still better mileage than the stockers), I'm thinking about trying a 180/55 in the back to play with flickability. Ebc hh pads were an improvement, however it created an interesting predicament in the back for my non-abs model. With stock pads the rear was spongy and useless, with good pads i lock up the rear a lot. Learning not to use the rear so much or at all.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts