GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my new MRA “RM Racing” windscreen on and all I can say is I hope it works better than it looks. Lol pics and a before the ugly.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
It doesn't look that bad. I's a compromise. i'm not sure, but I don't think anyone owning a GSX-S1000 (F or otherwise) ever said... "I want the coolest looking bike." (and don't get me wrong, but the F, in particular, would have even lower scores). But... form follows function, and it doesn't look that bad. ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't look that bad. I's a compromise. i'm not sure, but I don't think anyone owning a GSX-S1000 (F or otherwise) ever said... "I want the coolest looking bike." (and don't get me wrong, but the F, in particular, would have even lower scores). But... form follows function, and it doesn't look that bad. ;)
Lol...thanks Mike...you have made me feel a little better.....but it had still better work well. :)

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Well, like I told Trevor, that ain't gonna win any beauty contests either, but form follows function. If it works for you great!
I did a cheap double bubble from ebay. The same size as stock, but a double bubble profile ($40 I think). I did it for looks mainly, but it seems to work great. I never wanted anything high-large-upright enough to create buffeting (which I've experienced on other bikes), and it does a stellar job. Helmet in the air and if I need to duck behind it I can.
Sometimes bigger is not better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, like I told Trevor, that ain't gonna win any beauty contests either, but form follows function. If it works for you great!
I did a cheap double bubble from ebay. The same size as stock, but a double bubble profile ($40 I think). I did it for looks mainly, but it seems to work great. I never wanted anything high-large-upright enough to create buffeting (which I've experienced on other bikes), and it does a stellar job. Helmet in the air and if I need to duck behind it I can.
Sometimes bigger is not better.
Do you have a pic of it? Cheers

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,679 Posts
Well this thread has cheered me up, I am now happier than ever that I bought the naked version. ;)

Reactions: trevor

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think the powerbronze screen is the best compromise for aesthetic and function. I agree that you're either in the wind or out of it for best results. Looks are subjective anyway. I like the racier look of the faired model. The only naked bike that nails looks is the MV brutale, or almost anything made by MV for that matter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well this thread has cheered me up, I am now happier than ever that I bought the naked version. ;)
Lol...All my bikes are considered "naked"...I have a nice K1300R too....my 1000F doesn't really offer much in the way of protection...it's not a goldwing...lol...but I tour....a lot. I ride an average of 15,000 miles a year....some protection is nice....but I'm afraid that I'll find out today that this shield will cause buffering noise. :(

·
Administrator
444 Posts
MRA Racing, Power Bronze Double Bubble & PUIG Racing.
IMO:
PUIG looks good - works as expected.
MRA works great, looks not so great.
Power Bronze works good (not great), looks ok.
Depends on my mood & what kind of riding I am doing that day / week/ whatever...............

Attachments

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
It looks just like the stock size....does it make any difference? Cheers
I don't think it makes a lot of difference over stock, but maybe a little due to the shape. I really didn't have any complaints about the stock screen. I changed it mainly for the look.

·
Registered
206 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts