GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is a cool item, it will be on my shopping list.

Looks well handy for moving the bike about and for maintenance.

Does anyone have one already who can give some pros and cons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HKiLJPdFY
No real cons that i think of. Seems stable. I like it. I hope it dont do any scratches to the bikes frame otherweis very very good solution.
:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Google, it does a body good.

BlueStreakracing.ca is the NA distributor. The website seems to be down at the moment, but their eBay store has both the Abba Stand ($300 shipped w/front lift adapter) and the Skylift ($930 shipped).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bursig bike stand

This is a cool item, it will be on my shopping list.

Looks well handy for moving the bike about and for maintenance.

Does anyone have one already who can give some pros and cons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HKiLJPdFY
I had one for a Kawasaki Z1000sx. Good stand, easy to use, but you need to hold the bike up by the left handle bar and lift the stand a little to slot the pins into position on the bike, so it can be a little bit tricky if like me you are getting on a bit! Only real down side is that you need to attach a sleeve to the bike permanently. I sold my stand with my Kawa. I bought another German made version Bike-Tower for a Yamaha MT09. I sold the Yam but as yet Bike-Tower have not made an adaptor plate for the GSX-S. When they do I will be using the stand again. Nice and quick to lift and move the bike and to store over winter etc make sure you buy the wheels they are sold as an extra.
Anything else you want to know come back to me if I can answer it I will.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pretty much the same as my Abba Skylift...:)
I've got a Sky Lift and one of these, the beauty of this is that it is quicker to attach than the sky lift and easier to move around the garage. I use the Sky Lift for winter storage and major work, 'cos I think it's more stable by supporting on both sides of the bike, and I use the Bursig /Bike-Tower for daily use in the summer, chain lub and cleaning etc.. both are good stands and well worth having.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts