GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my shock fitted now, not ridden it yet but have set the sag to a good starting point on the bike. Only had to adjust the front, the rear was about right.
I did notice after trying that the adjuster is a pig. I've not got small hands but even so. Maybe putting it on the lift and getting a different angle on it will help.
Anyone got any pearls of wisdom? I read good things about this shock on this forum but nobody mentioned access.

Cheers.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have removed my cat so ymmv but try taking the exhaust cover off, there's plenty of room on mine to get your hand in there.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,609 Posts
Got my shock fitted now, not ridden it yet but have set the sag to a good starting point on the bike. Only had to adjust the front, the rear was about right.
I did notice after trying that the adjuster is a pig. I've not got small hands but even so. Maybe putting it on the lift and getting a different angle on it will help.
Anyone got any pearls of wisdom? I read good things about this shock on this forum but nobody mentioned access.

Cheers.
Contacted Nitron about that, they said put a piece of rag or something around it.:rolleyes:
So I drilled some Tommy bar holes in the ring and bent a piece of rod at 90deg.

Reactions: Flashp

·
Registered
365 Posts
Use a wide blade screwdriver against the knurled edge, you can do one setting at a time this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts