GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well today I went and purchased a katana throttle tube $14.50au that included the grip also. It only took
me about 10mins to install if that.
I’ve had my bike dyno tuned woolich and it is really smooth but I was interested in trying the different cam profile
from the katana.
To me it now seem that it’s more throttle to rear tyre connection if that makes sense plus It’s easier to sit on
the speed limit.
Anyhow for the cost I think it was worth it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well today I went and purchased a katana throttle tube $14.50au that included the grip also. It only took me about 10 mins to install if that. I’ve had my bike dyno tuned woolich and it is really smooth but I was interested in trying the different cam profile from the katana. To me it now seem that it’s more throttle to rear tyre connection if that makes sense plus It’s easier to sit on the speed limit. Anyhow for the cost I think it was worth it.
I'm glad you posted this. I wanted to hear from someone who made the switch on how they felt the two compared. I'm thinking I want to put on the Katana throttle tube, too. I'm okay with the stock tube EXCEPT when trying to hold steady throttle through town(s). Then it seems just a bit 'touchy'. Besides, having the bike come off throttle ever so slightly more gradually could be perfect.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hey frog I did notice with the stock throttle tube that it was like a bees wang movement from doing 60k to 80kph.
With the Katana tube it feels softer and more controlled.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Went for a good ride today scrubbed in some S22. The Katana throttle has made a noticeable difference the bike Seems easier to get on/off the gas especially when giving it some I can concentrate on the road and enjoy rather than trying to be as smooth, for $30nz it is money well spent, as commented there seems more connection with the rear tyre and holding a constant throttle seems easier.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Went for a good ride today scrubbed in some S22. The Katana throttle has made a noticeable difference the bike Seems easier to get on/off the gas especially when giving it some I can concentrate on the road and enjoy rather than trying to be as smooth, for $30nz it is money well spent, as commented there seems more connection with the rear tyre and holding a constant throttle seems easier.
Glad to hear it’s made it more fun to ride for you! Hard to find a cheaper mod!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Lou - since you're not overly sensitive, I have a pristine condition g2 throttle tamer that I'll send to you free of charge if you'd like it. PM me if interested.
There is a difference with someone been "over sensitive" and not liking constructive criticism and someone throwing rude comments out there to get a reaction and being a "dickhead".

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone have the part number on the Katana throttle tube? Also I just did a throttle reset in maintenance mode, made a great difference so far in throttle control. Great improvement in linearity at lower RPMs. Eliminated most all the snatchy throttle I had. Still responsive as you might imagine, but controllable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks frog4aday! Much appreciate the info. That is very reasonable. I have adjusted the TPS and done the throttle reset already, the throttle reset made a huge difference, but this is next after a TB sync if that doesn't get the last bit of twitch out of the low RPMs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just a question, mine is a 19 F and already brings that trottle tube
57110-07L00
!
I'm i right?

·
Registered
130 Posts
sorry to comment on an old thread! mine is a 68 plate does this still have the old throttle tube?
Most likely not, but I will add that an ECU remap from the like of Junction 33 Developments makes a massive difference to these bikes. Log into Facebook
Easily the best £250 I ever spent on one of my bikes. Postal service, same day turnaround. He's had this model of bike on a Dyno and made a cracking job of the map file. My bike is otherwise standard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone have the part number on the Katana throttle tube? Also I just did a throttle reset in maintenance mode, made a great difference so far in throttle control. Great improvement in linearity at lower RPMs. Eliminated most all the snatchy throttle I had. Still responsive as you might imagine, but controllable.
How exactly did you exectute the throttle reset ... step by step please

21 - 40 of 40 Posts