GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Woohoo my Nitron Shock has arrived .. have to say it really is a top quality bit of kit... just hope it gives me a top quality ride...:D
Ordered mine 7 days ago from Nitron UK site, no info on delivery on site or received since.
Not good customer relations!
Wondering how long yours took and where ordered from?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered mine 7 days ago from Nitron UK site, no info on delivery on site or received since.
Not good customer relations!
Wondering how long yours took and where ordered from?
I rang them, they said 2 weeks minimum delivery as they are hand built to order. Mind you they have run out if the owners/instruction manual.. sent a note saying to go on line and print one yourself.. I've emailed them that this is totally unacceptable.. now they are going to send me one when they come in... You will find the shock really is a quality well made bit of kit.. :D

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I rang them, they said 2 weeks minimum delivery as they are hand built to order. Mind you they have run out if the owners/instruction manual.. sent a note saying to go on line and print one yourself.. I've emailed them that this is totally unacceptable.. now they are going to send me one when they come in... You will find the shock really is a quality well made bit of kit.. :D
Thanks for that, wish I hadn't been so hasty to strip bike down now.https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bU4J6eSADM8vzatHhpmuhbQZdgX88pn2dQ

It's a fairly easy job if you have an Abba stand - back wheel out - prop up swingarm and access is available , helps if you take the hugger off.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Totally uacceptable to print your own manual? Hardly anything these days comes them, last 2 TV's I bought, mp3, printer etc etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Thanks for the pic dekker, now know what to expect before I dive into the unknown...:laugh:
Got fed up with waiting and threw it all together again yesterday cos the sun was shining and I hadn't ridden it for a month or so.
One little niggle is having to remove the rear brake fluid container to get the shock top bolt out. The little container bolt is awkward to get at and I removed the top of the rear fairing - time consuming - I will try to avoid doing that next time.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Totally uacceptable to print your own manual? Hardly anything these days comes them, last 2 TV's I bought, mp3, printer etc etc

For a very expensive shock a manual is the least I expect to be supplied... they did supply a very nicely printed leaflet telling me I need to print my own instruction manual though ....:D

·
Registered
464 Posts
For a very expensive shock a manual is the least I expect to be supplied... they did supply a very nicely printed leaflet telling me I need to print my own instruction manual though ....:D
Nitron shocks are half what a TV costs but you still don't get one. It doesn't matter what it is, that's the way it's going.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nitron shocks are half what a TV costs but you still don't get one. It doesn't matter what it is, that's the way it's going.

Amazing what a bit of moaning will do, a nice Nitron shock owners instruction manual arrived today...:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got fed up with waiting and threw it all together again yesterday cos the sun was shining and I hadn't ridden it for a month or so.
One little niggle is having to remove the rear brake fluid container to get the shock top bolt out. The little container bolt is awkward to get at and I removed the top of the rear fairing - time consuming - I will try to avoid doing that next time.
Did you find a way of removing the top shock bolt without removing the side fairing and r/brake fluid container.... also I noticed the the lower shock bearings have all loose rollers ready to fall out and lose...!!:|

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Did you find a way of removing the top shock bolt without removing the side fairing and r/brake fluid container.... also I noticed the the lower shock bearings have all loose rollers ready to fall out and lose...!!:|
To access the brake reservoir bolt just pull the end of the fairing out of it's rubber push mount, the reservoir can then be pushed aside allowing the top bolt to come out.
The spacers in the linkage do not have to be removed.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To access the brake reservoir bolt just pull the end of the fairing out of it's rubber push mount, the reservoir can then be pushed aside allowing the top bolt to come out.
The spacers in the linkage do not have to be removed.
Yep done that, plenty of clearance once the big cable is pushed out of the way too.....I was just being nosey with the linkage bearings... found it odd that Suzuki have used loose rollers in the bearings instead of the sealed type as in my SV1000...
Has your Nitron Shock been delivered yet..?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Has your Nitron Shock been delivered yet..?
Yes turned up out of the blue Mon afternoon no notification from anyone.
Had it on in 1 1/2 hrs.
Did a brief test and backed off the damping one click, what a pig to get at.
Did 270 miles on it yesterday might need another click off.
My riding weight is 182lbs.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts