GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzuki advertises that ambient temperature is shown in the instrument display but I sure can't find it and see nothing in the manual about it.

On my V-Strom I hold down the scroll button and the time changes to temperature. I've tried that on the GSXS but no luck.

Anyone?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Suzuki advertises that ambient temperature is shown in the instrument display but I sure can't find it and see nothing in the manual about it.

On my V-Strom I hold down the scroll button and the time changes to temperature. I've tried that on the GSXS but no luck.

Anyone?
Never seen the ambient temperature readout being mentioned as a feature.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Electrical Features
The lightweight and compact LCD display includes speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant and ambient temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, ABS, and a clock modes.
LIES I TELL YA!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Never mentioned in UK spec

·
Registered
415 Posts
The Marketing boys were a bit excited that day. I can't see where they would fit one, but it would nice. I'll just have to settle for "hot", "cold", "wet", "dry" like my grand pappy before me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It was listed the same way for the bikes in Canada and I must say I was disappointed that the bike did not have one, although given my love for the bike as a whole it certainly was not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You only really need two temperature settings. Cold and go! Fan kicks in at around 100 degrees like the gsxr so no need for gazing at numbers.

Just saying : - )

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And behold... no emergency (hazard) flashers either? I thought they were required by law. Guess not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definitely got hazard flashers on mine.

·
Registered
437 Posts
And behold... no emergency (hazard) flashers either? I thought they were required by law. Guess not.
Yes it does you just got to look harder 😄

·
Registered
147 Posts

In some countries, it seems to have been omitted. Suppose other countries may have more stricter regulation in this regard. See pics below. Look at the right hand switches, between the cut-out switch and starter button. One F has it and the other not. Strange through that its not easier to manufacture only one variant instead of two. Was actually something that I looked at, cause its very useful feature when overtaking at high speed (when a car moved to the side of the road to give you space), to activate your flasher and not loose any momentum, instead of taking your hand off the handlebar to wave acknowledgement.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
From Suzuki Italy:
"The compact, lightweight instrument panel is completely LCD. The functions of the instrumentation, adjustable light intensity, including the speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual trip meter, gear position indicator, the coolant temperature, the instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption and the 'autonomy, the indicator of the traction control, ABS, fuel gauge and clock."

So, in my country, we have emergency (hazard) flashers but no ambient temperature... At 5K kilometers, I've never felt the need for it ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Belgium versions have the hazard warnings....but it took me a while before discovering them :)

Reactions: Czechmate
1 - 20 of 26 Posts