GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How strange this is becoming , there is talk that some distributers maybe recalling some bikes for an ECU replacement. In another thread, "E-Mail received" there is a post with confirmation , in UK, that some bikes are definitely getting them there. In an earlier thread'' Suzuki is listening'' i told the forum that my dealer had phoned me to say he would replace my ECU in a week or 2 when he received the part. There was never any mention of a re call , and why would there be a recall.We all bought the bikes as they were and knowing the throttle snatch was an issue. If there were faulty brakes or fuel lines with no cir clips or whatever that was a fault of manufacture I would expect a recall. This is rider preference , some even saying there is no problem. So I will reiterate, I e-mailed Suzuki Australia, telling them that some forum members had been given a replacement ECU. I asked if I could have one . My dealer phoned me to say that he had been authorised to fit a replacement ,when it arrives in approx 2 weeks . There was no recall then, But I am now really puzzled by the varied responses some are saying yes.This is something each owner needs to pursue with first his dealer, next the distributer in his country. Good luck, if and when I get mine i will post the results and improvements if any .

·
Registered
147 Posts
In an earlier thread'' Suzuki is listening'' i told the forum that my dealer had phoned me to say he would replace my ECU in a week or 2 when he received the part. There was never any mention of a re call , and why would there be a recall.We all bought the bikes as they were and knowing the throttle snatch was an issue. If there were faulty brakes or fuel lines with no cir clips or whatever that was a fault of manufacture I would expect a recall. This is rider preference , some even saying there is no problem. So I will reiterate, I e-mailed Suzuki Australia, telling them that some forum members had been given a replacement ECU. I asked if I could have one . My dealer phoned me to say that he had been authorised to fit a replacement ,when it arrives in approx 2 weeks . There is no recall , if you contact your dealer and say " heard there is a recall on ECU" they are going to say no. This is something each owner needs to pursue with first his dealer, next the distributer in his country. Good luck, if and when I get mine i will post the results and improvements if any .

Have the new ECU been installed as yet? And if so, what is the difference. Has it improved the jerky throttle and also is the bike's acceleration still the same, better or more muted?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have the new ECU been installed as yet? And if so, what is the difference. Has it improved the jerky throttle and also is the bike's acceleration still the same, better or more muted?
told 2 weeks for part to arrive

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yeah I have a throttle prob too
I just can't stop pinning it
I am afraid I will lose my licence, do you have a fix for this?
Yep take the plates off so they cannot trace you and then outrun them , problem solved :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
If I wasn't planning to use Woolich gear to write to the ecu I'd be all over hitting up the dealership for a replacement ecu. My guess is the next release of the gsxs will have the new ecu. Stories of rough on/off throttle and difficulty maintaining speed will do too much to damage the brand. And by next release I'm thinking all new gsxs. I'm happy with mine because I have HealTech TRE and bazzaz with a dyno tune (pm me and I'll email my maps, I've already done this for another member here and he likes the mid range increase) and expect it will be better again with the ability to write to the ecu but all that costs money. There are no legal replacement exhausts and when you install PCV or bazzaz you disable the oxygen sensor so you loose altitude adjustment as well. So why no save some cash and get the bike you wanted by hitting up the dealer for the better ecu?

Edit: to be clear I'm not asking for money for my bazzaz map, I'm just sharing it with members here. I tried to email bazzaz a few times and they ignored my emails so I'm not going to upload a map that I paid hundreds for to their website.

·
Registered
724 Posts
*** ECM issue update ***
Just spoke to Suzuki UK, have been informed that the actually IS a recall on certain models for replacement ECM (ecu). The receptionist for Suzuki UK was unable to provide me details of why there is a current recall though.
I have been asked to phone my local dealer quoting recall reference M-T-0012 to give them my chassis number and they will be able to confirm wether my bike is in the category for a recall. If they are unhelpful then I shall be calling Suzuki Uk back who are able to search as well.
* M-T-0012 *
From Simon on the Facebook Forum today...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
*** ECM issue update ***
Just spoke to Suzuki UK, have been informed that the actually IS a recall on certain models for replacement ECM (ecu). The receptionist for Suzuki UK was unable to provide me details of why there is a current recall though.
I have been asked to phone my local dealer quoting recall reference M-T-0012 to give them my chassis number and they will be able to confirm wether my bike is in the category for a recall. If they are unhelpful then I shall be calling Suzuki Uk back who are able to search as well.
* M-T-0012 *
From Simon on the Facebook Forum today...
Interesting. I've just been on here to check and mines not coming up with any recall notification or do you think it's a little too early for this yet?

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/mx/my-suzuki/vin/

·
Registered
448 Posts
Can you guys imagine going to the epa and saying, Hey, we want to change fueling on the 50,000 gsxs/f bikes we already had USA certification for.

Yamaha did it on their fz09, but if Suzuki is dealing with the us government, I imagine it might take an extra day, or two to accomplish?

Or, the guy in charge of this is stuck in an airport tsa check point.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Suk I GB response

How strange this is becoming , there is talk that some distributers maybe recalling some bikes for an ECU replacement. In another thread, "E-Mail received" there is a post with confirmation , in UK, that some bikes are definitely getting them there. In an earlier thread'' Suzuki is listening'' i told the forum that my dealer had phoned me to say he would replace my ECU in a week or 2 when he received the part. There was never any mention of a re call , and why would there be a recall.We all bought the bikes as they were and knowing the throttle snatch was an issue. If there were faulty brakes or fuel lines with no cir clips or whatever that was a fault of manufacture I would expect a recall. This is rider preference , some even saying there is no problem. So I will reiterate, I e-mailed Suzuki Australia, telling them that some forum members had been given a replacement ECU. I asked if I could have one . My dealer phoned me to say that he had been authorised to fit a replacement ,when it arrives in approx 2 weeks . There was no recall then, But I am now really puzzled by the varied responses some are saying yes.This is something each owner needs to pursue with first his dealer, next the distributer in his country. Good luck, if and when I get mine i will post the results and improvements if any .
My bike is running really rough at the low rev range, you literally cannot ride the bike at town speeds, the Rev meter flickers randomly over your attempting to hold at constant revs, eg say hold at 2000, flicker between 1500 and 2500. I'm so annoyed with it I want to swap the bike but first I thought I'd give Suzuki the benefit of the doubt.

I rang the dealership who sold the bike and spoke to the mechanics, his first response was that it was a result of an after market exhaust until I told him I have the stock exhaust. His second statement was that I simply needed to rag the bike.

Frustrated I rang Suzuki. It turns out Suzuki are well aware of the problem, it results from running the bike lean to meet emissions. They have put out a service bulletin to replace the ECM.

I took the bike back to the dealer and insisted the read the bulletins, their latest comments was the missed it as Suzuki didn't release a service bulletin, they have added comments to the service manuals, so it's easy to miss!

I'll let you know how successful the ecm swap is but Suzuki know of the problem and are replacing ecm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Emailed Suzuki in AUS on a Sunday night, dealer rang next day to say it was 6 weeks for replacement ECU, replaced by end of week, it is more for the over fuelling between 2-4k. I did a 400k ride on the weekend, surging issue is nearly non existent and no more take offs when you hit bumps, big difference mine was a 7/25 model

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi --- there is not a recall as far as I know, It may be a upon request thing, I requested a change from my dealer as I got the bike as soon as it was released and had the problem, it did take a few weeks to come in, as I think they may come Japan,

I put below on another thread as I had mine changed out yesterday, so they can be done but think its a manufacture date thing, think before Feb. 16 as others have said on other threads, also somewhere on these threads somebody has put a picture of the advise note the dealers received, I quoted that to the dealer, but to be fair he had heard rumors of an ECU change and put be down for one after I explain the on/off problem I was having

I'm in UK, and my New ECU has now been fitted and I'm now very happy, a very little on-off between 2/3 RPM but nothing worrying, acceleration and deceleration a lot smoother, a lot better on motorway and traffic, and the bike feels a lot different for the better, also took the opportunity to do an Ann service, in my opinion it was definitely worth changing out, I think if your bike is one of the effected ones, definitely go for the change,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Its funny that when i took my bike in for the 600 mile service the service manager told me there will be a bulletin as was told by suzuki Rep coming out for the snatchy problem. I went there yesterday and ask him about service bulletin and said no bulletin yet, He will call them tuesday and complain about bike problem and see if I can get a replacement ECU, even though i believe i fix the problem on my bike when i adjusted the primary TPS properly. Im still holding on. Its under warranty and i want to see difference with new ECU.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have had the ecu replaced and what an improvement. stable at the low end where it was really jerky/snatchy. now rides real smooth bike does what i want it to do. no more second guessing if its going to snatch. if you can get the ecu changed its defiantly worth it. I reckon it pulls harder now than it did before serious noticeable change.

happy as a pig in sh*t

1 - 20 of 53 Posts