GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having had a slew of naked bikes (2 Bandit 1200s, 3 Z1000s, a Buell S1, Aprilia Tuono, Moto Guzzi Griso, SV650, and a few VMAXs) Probably more, just don't remember.

The GSXS1000 intrigues me.

Talk me out of buying one.

Go!

·
Registered
282 Posts
having had a slew of naked bikes (2 Bandit 1200s, 3 Z1000s, a Buell S1, Aprilia Tuono, Moto Guzzi Griso, SV650, and a few VMAXs) Probably more, just don't remember.

The GSXS1000 intrigues me.

Talk me out of buying one.

Go!
This is not the right place to talk you out of it ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are terrible and dissuading me from buying one.

So, I picked out the burgundy and black model. Took delivery and off I went. The mirror was adjusted poorly so I stopped to adjust it with the tool kit. Once I took the seat off, I saw a huge tuft of what appeared to be yarn and seat foam. Removed the riders seat and sure enough..a giant mouse nest. Upon removal I saw the factory harness to the rectifier had been chewed and the Oem plugs as well. Went back to the dealer ship and after a bunch of apologies, had me off on the blue one about 30 minutes later.

Love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's unfortunate. That you ended up with a blue one, that is. Enjoy. I paid for my red and black one a month ago and have been too busy to go pick it up. Go figure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had the 2nd, 3rd, and latest generations of the Z1000. I would pair this bike up to that one as a direct competitor. (and not the KTM and BMW) I like the looks of the latest generation Z1000 better. The Z1000 was much more sharper focused. Very stiff suspension. non-existent seat. Handled amazing on smooth roads. The GSXS is a little softer sprung, nicer seat, and quite a bit more motor. The Z1000 buzzed. The GSXS has a slight buzz through the frame/tank but your feet and hands feel none of it. This bike is a lot smoother than the Z. I haven't had a chance to really romp on it on a back road yet. I've only ridden it the 100 miles or so home from the dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts