GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a bit of a ride today. Got hit by a car, someone change lanes right in front of me and i had not enough time to react. I manage to get away mostly unscaved and so did the bike luckily. Managed to keep it up some how even after bouncing off the side of the car. The car actually come out of it far worse then the bike did. My first ever accident in 10 yrs riding on the road, with how much city commuting I do i'm shocked it hasn't happened earlier.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Metal and plastic can be replaced dude, any accident you can walk away from without serious injury is a good day in my book, glad your ok and hope you back up and running soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No damage to the bike, some very minor scuffing on the fairings and engine case that you cant even see unless your trying to, a polish will bring it out. Not going to worry about insurance There was rubber from the car tyre on my engine cover, It hit my foot and pulled it off the peg and sent my shoe flying. My forearm and bar end smashed the car mirror and left a big scratch/dint in the side of the car. So my forearm is sore but my jacket took most of the force, and my foot is sore but no real drama i'm still walking on it.
She just didn't see me, the sun was setting so would have been hard to see.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Great to hear that you came away relatively unscathed! Sucks about the bolt and seal. Get it fixed and go for a nice run to remind yourself why you ride! :D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Bad luck Shannon, I got mine last year. My other was on my first riding lesson when I learnt about cornering on gravel patch on a tarred road, so hopefully there is a very long time if ever to the next time. The parts could take a while from Japan, so a 'running repair' solution for the oil leak could be needed if only to keep water out.

Rob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered Parts today. $77 for the starter cover, plus 1 bolt and a gasket. Should have it in a couple days and be back on the road. Till then i'll be driving the ute I guess.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad you made it alright, that could've been much much worse.

Let insurance cover your damages and or estimate and fix on your own/pocket a little bit of money for the hassles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts