GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, last night I installed the dominator decat mid pipe, took out the servo valve and installed the servo eliminator.

When I went to turn the bike on to test it doesn’t say neutral and just says “check” in the bottom left corner. I did take the battery out for this so that there was no power when I was plugging in the cables. I also had to remove the left hand gear set to get the bolt out from the original cat. I didn’t take it apart though. I only removed the two bolts holding it to the bike to let it drop out of the way.

I initially thought the servo valve connected under the tank so I had it lifted about 6 inches as well but never unplugged anything.

When I manually press through the gears it sounds like I hear first, neutral and second then there’s no clunking after this. I don’t see anything getting out of adjustment by just removing two bolts but I’m stumped.

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out I had to put the **** kickstand up for the bike to see neutral. I just started trying everything. Even though it was in neutral, the bike didn't see it until the kickstand was up....Weird. Thanks for the replies though!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I always see neutral when the bike is on it's side stand and I turn it on. Weird indeed. I wouldn't start it up to warm up on it's side stand otherwise (need to know it's not in gear). I wonder if something else "fixed itself" when you were trying everything?

Either way, good it's working again. How do you like the decat btw?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that's why I never thought to try that. You're right though, something must've reset itself when I did that.
I haven't taken it on a ride yet just revved it up in the garage so hopefully it goes through the gears okay. But it sounds great so far.

Honestly, with everyone else's replies on here, I expected the bike to run pretty rough at idle but I was surprised with how smooth it was. I came from an FZ6R with a full two brothers exhaust and I would say this is very similar in "loudness". Pretty big PITA to do though. The headers were a tight squeeze to get back in and drilling the CAT out was time consuming. Overall I'm happy with it for sure though. Saved a lot of money that's for sure.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mines the same , just mild hunting & when it's warm this weakens
But at cold warm up, zero. It’s not til pressure is less and no load that Itl hunt a little, it’s only by like 100-200rpm that it hunts. But I am glad I did it. She’s so smooth. It’s great

·
Registered
236 Posts
It’s not, that’s an affect led’s produce on recordings. You’ll see it often now that you know what the cause is.
I don’t know eaactly why it does that but in person there’s no flickering it’s like phone recordings struggle to captpure the brilliance

my tail light is integrated leds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts