GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, last night I installed the dominator decat mid pipe, took out the servo valve and installed the servo eliminator.

When I went to turn the bike on to test it doesn’t say neutral and just says “check” in the bottom left corner. I did take the battery out for this so that there was no power when I was plugging in the cables. I also had to remove the left hand gear set to get the bolt out from the original cat. I didn’t take it apart though. I only removed the two bolts holding it to the bike to let it drop out of the way.

I initially thought the servo valve connected under the tank so I had it lifted about 6 inches as well but never unplugged anything.

When I manually press through the gears it sounds like I hear first, neutral and second then there’s no clunking after this. I don’t see anything getting out of adjustment by just removing two bolts but I’m stumped.

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I also had to remove the left hand gear set to get the bolt out from the original cat.
Betcha it has something to do with this. Go back and dbl check.

Reactions: 37284

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out I had to put the **** kickstand up for the bike to see neutral. I just started trying everything. Even though it was in neutral, the bike didn't see it until the kickstand was up....Weird. Thanks for the replies though!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I always see neutral when the bike is on it's side stand and I turn it on. Weird indeed. I wouldn't start it up to warm up on it's side stand otherwise (need to know it's not in gear). I wonder if something else "fixed itself" when you were trying everything?

Either way, good it's working again. How do you like the decat btw?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that's why I never thought to try that. You're right though, something must've reset itself when I did that.
I haven't taken it on a ride yet just revved it up in the garage so hopefully it goes through the gears okay. But it sounds great so far.

Honestly, with everyone else's replies on here, I expected the bike to run pretty rough at idle but I was surprised with how smooth it was. I came from an FZ6R with a full two brothers exhaust and I would say this is very similar in "loudness". Pretty big PITA to do though. The headers were a tight squeeze to get back in and drilling the CAT out was time consuming. Overall I'm happy with it for sure though. Saved a lot of money that's for sure.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Mines the same , just mild hunting & when it's warm this weakens
But at cold warm up, zero. It’s not til pressure is less and no load that Itl hunt a little, it’s only by like 100-200rpm that it hunts. But I am glad I did it. She’s so smooth. It’s great

·
Read Only
0 Posts
It’s not, that’s an affect led’s produce on recordings. You’ll see it often now that you know what the cause is.
I don’t know eaactly why it does that but in person there’s no flickering it’s like phone recordings struggle to captpure the brilliance

my tail light is integrated leds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts